News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

questions on Ny thing

Started by billy rubin, May 20, 2021, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Quote from: billy rubin on January 25, 2022, 08:28:12 PM

stuff like pollock^^^ bothers me immensely, because i cant figure out whether im missing something or not.

Pollock and other "creative" artists can be appreciated after having taken Mags advice about smoking good pot. Without a psychedelic influence, that is a bunch of paint splatters. Skillfully and artistically splattered no doubt

The interior walls of my small spray booth, having random deposits of various colors, might have been worthy of display in an art museum. The work I did at my spray booth was skillful, but not particularly artistic.

Dark Lightning

^My dad worked at an assembly plant for General Motors vehicles, in Van Nuys, CA. He chipped chunks of paint over-spray off parts of the assembly line and carved things from them. That was back in the day of lacquer-based paint.

Tank

Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 26, 2022, 04:17:58 AM
^My dad worked at an assembly plant for General Motors vehicles, in Van Nuys, CA. He chipped chunks of paint over-spray off parts of the assembly line and carved things from them. That was back in the day of lacquer-based paint.

That sounds fun.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Tank on January 27, 2022, 11:28:11 AM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 26, 2022, 04:17:58 AM

That sounds fun.

Myriad thin stripes of paint, too.

billy rubin

why does water on my skin make me slip on the bathroom floor but that same water on my skin makes it hard to pull on my long underwear?

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

TheFightSong

Here are differences between science and art. Science is about a logical approach to explain things. Art is about aesthetics and perspectives regardless if they are illogical or not. The goal of science is to prove and disprove thing. The goal of art is to make a reflection of a person's experiences, skills, and knowledge who made art, and then an audience makes their own thoughts about that person's art.

What I find interesting is when people do not understand the difference between artists and artisans.

TheFightSong

Why do people make conscious and conscience sound exactly the same? It doesn't seem right to me logically. The logical conclusion would be to make those 2 words sound different to prevent people being confused when they are being said.

Why do words peers, seers, queers, beers, and sheers have an S at the end of them that implies they are plural while the word deers is not considered formal English? Did a lazy person not make the word deers become a plural word to indicate more than one deer for formal English? I prefer saying deers instead of deer to mean more than one deer. Because it seems like a logical approach rather than an intellectually lazy and disorganized one by only saying deer.

Why haven't people improved the formal English language yet? It's flawed logically.

Did a female spider accidentally kill her male mate thinking he was non-spider food, and that is how black widows first existed? Or was a female spider so desperate for food when having sex, then started eating her male mate for sustenance, and that's how black widows were invented? The things species do for survival is interesting...

Why do they say African-American, but not German-American, Scottish-American, French-American, and so forth?

TheFightSong

Quote from: billy rubin on February 06, 2022, 07:36:21 PM
why does water on my skin make me slip on the bathroom floor but that same water on my skin makes it hard to pull on my long underwear?

Because water creates a gap between your skin's grip on the floor and the floor itself. So, water makes your skin have a hard time gripping onto surfaces to prevent slippage. Water makes your clothes "stick" on you. Thereby, making it harder to make clothes move when your body is wet with water.

TheFightSong

Quote from: billy rubin on January 23, 2022, 03:41:02 PM
why did humans take the chimp route of fouling our nest, and not the orang utan route of sustain ibility?
Quote from: billy rubin on January 23, 2022, 03:41:02 PM
why did humans take the chimp route of fouling our nest, and not the orang utan route of sustain ibility?
Humans are omnivorous creatures. They are semi-carnivorous. Carnivorous creatures have a tendency to be destructive predators for survival. Survival is why humans chose the destructive route. They chose to survive by destructively killing for self-defense rather than die by being killed. It is why humans have lived this long without being extinct. Being destructive is a way of showing power, too.

TheFightSong

Quote from: billy rubin on September 08, 2021, 05:46:47 PM
why isnt the past tense of

be-lieve

be-left?
Because they BELIEVED the word believed would suffice.  :grin:

TheFightSong

Quote from: billy rubin on July 08, 2021, 11:02:41 PM
why do some birds hop when theyre on the ground, and other birds walk?
Because that bird booty is too heavily thicc to let them hop and fly like other birds. So, they just walk. The other ones hop on grounds because they don't have to walk since their flying lets them travel.

billy rubin

i am going to have to think about these.

especially the bird walking/hopping thing

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Dark Lightning

Likely a function of leg length. Or maybe the little peeper birds really are walking, but their little legs are going deedle-deedle-deedle like small dog's legs, and one can't tell? Maybe the little peeper birds don't have knees on those stubby little legs.

TheFightSong

Walking birds usually do not fly in the air because evolution caused them to be too heavy from bodies weighing them down, especially ones with legs and knees. Flying birds can fly more easily because they do not have knees, legs, and too much body weight pulling them down because of gravity.

billy rubin

no no not the ratites

crows walk, in preference to hopping.

ravens walk. not all icterids, because starlings hop, i believe

robins tend to hop, as do most passerines.