News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

My son has left McLaren after 9 years and he starts at Astra on the 28th Feb. :)

His job is to refine telemetry and launch systems.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

what?

what is astra?

the rocket people?

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

No one

So he's a rocket surgeryist?

Tank

Quote from: No one on January 27, 2022, 01:45:01 PM
So he's a rocket surgeryist?

Sort of. His job is to automate the telemetry systems which is one of the things he did at McLaren as a system engineer.

Magdalena

Quote from: Tom62 on January 03, 2022, 07:03:13 AM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 03, 2022, 02:56:17 AM
I thought this was going to be a joke about a Trump supporter.

Are there still any left? All posts the I see about Trump on social media nowadays are from liberals. It seems to me that they miss Trump more than the conservatives.
We don't miss Trump.
...But that snake does have a very long, long, long tail.  :reading:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Magdalena on January 27, 2022, 07:03:11 PM
Quote from: Tom62 on January 03, 2022, 07:03:13 AM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 03, 2022, 02:56:17 AM
I thought this was going to be a joke about a Trump supporter.

Are there still any left? All posts the I see about Trump on social media nowadays are from liberals. It seems to me that they miss Trump more than the conservatives.
We don't miss Trump.
...But that snake does have a very long, long, long tail.  :reading:

And, he never left. He is not in the White House, hallelujah, but he is still slithering around in the Garden. 

TheFightSong

They ought to grow abnormally large venus fly traps in the white house garden that are specifically for Donald Trump.  :snicker1:

Tom62

Quote from: TheFightSong on January 28, 2022, 01:08:25 AM
They ought to grow abnormally large venus fly traps in the white house garden that are specifically for Donald Trump.  :snicker1:

ROFL
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

TheFightSong

Walkthroughs, Jacksepticeye, Steph0Sims, Elvis the Alien, Timmy's Takeout, Boffy, and unboxing videos on YouTube make me cheerful even though I despise how it has become a dehumanizing platform shadowbanning honest journalists in favor of cut-throat elites. Demonitization is censorship to benefit YouTube's biased advertisements that give off an unrealistically false sense of security. What makes me cheerful is the people trying to fight against this dehumanization of content creators.

Listening to fun music on the Pandora radio app makes me cheerful.

Experimenting makes me cheerful when I am trying new things.

Having a nap or sleeping will make me feel cheer because it lets my mind wonder. I like dreaming about flying, swimming, travelling to different planets, being god, and so forth without worrying about my flawed human nature that has limitations.

Magdalena

Forget the flowers, they need to let a bunch of Honey badgers run free all over the White House lawn.
;D

By the way, welcome to the forum, TheFightSong. I've noticed that you have been holding back a little, please, tell us what you really think.
:grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

TheFightSong

Quote from: Magdalena on January 28, 2022, 09:13:18 PM

Forget the flowers, they need to let a bunch of Honey badgers run free all over the White House lawn.
;D

By the way, welcome to the forum, TheFightSong. I've noticed that you have been holding back a little, please, tell us what you really think.
:popcorn: It is funny you say that.

Magdalena

Quote from: TheFightSong on January 28, 2022, 11:21:43 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on January 28, 2022, 09:13:18 PM

;D

:popcorn: It is funny you say that.
Are you asking me why I don't tell everyone what I really think?

The last time I did that, it didn't go too well.

:secrets1: I defended rap music.

But I like it here, for some strange reason.
;D

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus