News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Superscript BBCode please.

Started by Tank, August 27, 2010, 06:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Could we have the superscript BBCode please. There are a few time I could have used it when making posts regarding temperature.

Thanks
Chris

Subject: Custom BBCodes

Quote from: "ThunderCrew"I seen someone asking for strikethrough super and sub scripting bbcode. I read the custom bbcode article posted in the first post in this thread and found these in it.

for strikethrough
bbcode usage
[s]{TEXT}[/s]html replacement
<span style="text-decoration: line-through;">{TEXT}</span>helpline
[s]strikethrough text[/s]
for subscript
bbcode usage
[sub]{TEXT}[/sub]html replacement
<span style="vertical-align: sub;">{TEXT}</span>helpline
H[sub]2[/sub]O
for superscript
bbcode usage
[super]{TEXT}[/super]html replacement
<span style="vertical-align: super;">{TEXT}</span>helpline
x[super]3[/super]
I know this site is huge and possibly confusing for newer users of forums and seemingly unresponsive
to users at times due to people getting tired of responding over and over to the same questions asked etc
so I reiterate ( spellcheck  :? ) to certain people try reading every post in a thread of related topic for items
or browsing through articles written by staff long time trusted users mod team etc to find your solutions
for yourselves when it seems people are not "helping" you  :idea:

Here is the link to the article on custom bbcode creating and some example codes.
http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/adding-custom-bbcodes-in-phpbb3/
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hackenslash

Sub and superscript tags please. Most important when presenting formulae.
There is no more formidable or insuperable barrier to knowledge than the certainty you already possess it.

Tank

Quote from: "hackenslash"

Sub and superscript tags please. Most important when presenting formulae.
Bump, bump bump  :D  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hackenslash

There is no more formidable or insuperable barrier to knowledge than the certainty you already possess it.

Thumpalumpacus

Tank, if you hold down the "alt" key while typing "0186", you will get the degree sign:  32ºF.

There are a whole raft of non-standard characters available through this, including square and cube  exponents, basic fractions, and foreign letters/accent marks.

eta:  You can find a complete list of characters and keystrokes here:  Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Character map.
Illegitimi non carborundum.