News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Im going to hell

Started by Xiilent, March 27, 2012, 12:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevil

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on March 28, 2012, 09:44:26 PM
Amicale had not expressed that situation when I made my point, but I acknowledged I was wrong after she did...but it's no surprise you'd see it different, Stevil.
Why did Amicale fix your acknowledgment?
Was it broken?

Amicale

Quote from: Stevil on March 28, 2012, 09:41:30 PM
Quote from: Amicale on March 28, 2012, 09:14:47 PM
This IS the first reaction I've gotten on occasion. In public. From people who didn't know me. On one such occasion, my apparent crime was holding someone's (girlfriend's) hand as we walked down the street, and I got "you people fucking disgust me, you're godless heathens and I hope you know you deserve to burn in hell." I hadn't mocked them, attacked them, or even knew they were "Christian". Yet somehow by walking down a public sidewalk, I managed to scare/disgust them enough to get that reaction.
Quick question for you, Amicale.

Did it come across as aggressive and threatening, like I imagine it would have
OR
did it come across as lovingly concerned, like AD imagines it would have?

I'm sure AD couldn't possibly find the above threat lovingly concerned.  :D

And yes, it definitely came off as aggressive. Some would have said threatening, for sure. I was feeling less threatened than disgusted and embarassed for that idiot's sake, but there's no way it could have come off as loving.

All this being said, in my entire life, I've only had 2 or 3 things like that yelled at me, and one was entirely expected, seeing as I was part of a pride parade and figured the protesters would be out and about. I'm sure that having crud like that yelled isn't the norm for most people, and I'm sure that most Christians are more mellow about it, at least until you deliberately tick them off in a debate. ;)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Stevil

Quote from: Amicale on March 28, 2012, 10:21:44 PM
Let's put it another way.

Has anyone felt warm fuzzies about the loving concerned offered when a person has told them they are going to hell?

Amicale

Quote from: Stevil on March 28, 2012, 10:33:35 PM
Quote from: Amicale on March 28, 2012, 10:21:44 PM
Let's put it another way.

Has anyone felt warm fuzzies about the loving concerned offered when a person has told them they are going to hell?

When I was a teenager and I was going through a strong phase of severe doubt, my mom (who was much more Christian at the time than she is now) was literally so worried for my soul that she broke down sobbing, telling me I was loved and she didn't want me in hell one day. That really tore me up, seeing her in so much pain. I knew how much she loved me, and wasn't angry with her for believing what she did. I just felt sorry for her, that she'd even think that. So nope, no warm fuzzies. Either love and pity for someone like her, or annoyance for prettymuch anyone else!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Stevil

Quote from: Amicale on March 28, 2012, 10:38:08 PM
telling me I was loved and she didn't want me in hell one day
This is different to asserting "You are going to hell"

But wow what a story. These beliefs really screw with people's minds.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Stevil on March 28, 2012, 10:49:46 PM
Quote from: Amicale on March 28, 2012, 10:38:08 PM
telling me I was loved and she didn't want me in hell one day
This is different to asserting "You are going to hell"

But wow what a story. These beliefs really screw with people's minds.

It's devastating how much these people believe this carp.

I'm sorry you went through that experience. I went through a similar exp with my dad saying he was worried about my soul, but god is allowing me time to come back to him. I wanted to kick him in the face. This is my biggest problem with children and religious parents. It is depressing. We completely don't talk anymore these days. I got sick of his "god is responsible for everything good" view of life.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

The Magic Pudding

Ye those christians may seem angry but look at it from their side.
They are forgoing a lifetime of killing and raping, well except for the odd lapse here and there.
If they have to give up all that fun stuff shouldn't they be allowed the pleasure of anticipating your eternal torture?

Sweetdeath

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on March 29, 2012, 05:17:28 AM
They are forgoing a lifetime of killing and raping, well except for the odd lapse here and there.
If they have to give up all that fun stuff shouldn't they be allowed the pleasure of anticipating your eternal torture?

Don't forget looting.

Nice green font.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Sandra Craft

Well, the scales have fallen from my eyes.  If anyone ever tells me I'm going to hell, I'll thank them sincerely for restraining their desire to commit mayhem in exchange.  It's a fair trade.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Asmodean

Quote from: Sweetdeath on March 29, 2012, 05:35:58 AM

Don't forget looting.
Yes. And pillaging. Do let us never forget that  :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on March 29, 2012, 05:45:04 AM

Well, the scales have fallen from my eyes.  If anyone ever tells me I'm going to hell, I'll thank them sincerely for restraining their desire to commit mayhem in exchange.  It's a fair trade.

*nods solemnly* Tit for tat.

Asmodean

Quote from: Ali on March 29, 2012, 02:30:31 PM
...And what if The Asmo decides to rent a pair of tits but only has one tat? Be there a loophole?

Do those who own a pair of tits get impressed enough by a single tat?  ???

EDIT: Just so I don't have to explain the word play later, boobs for tattoos.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

Quote from: Asmodean on March 29, 2012, 02:33:21 PM
...And what if The Asmo decides to rent a pair of tits but only has one tat? Be there a loophole?

Hahahhahaha.  But sorry, no, 1 tat is definitely not impressive enough to see a matched pair.   :P   :D

Asmodean

Quote from: Ali on March 29, 2012, 02:41:23 PM
Hahahhahaha.  But sorry, no, 1 tat is definitely not impressive enough to see a matched pair.   :P   :D
*Asmoface* How very SELFISH of them!

There ought to be a passage in the Book of Asmoism just for that there. With sacrifice. And burgers.  >:( Burgers, you hear!  >:(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Amicale

Quote from: Ali on March 29, 2012, 02:41:23 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on March 29, 2012, 02:33:21 PM

ROFL, Asmo and Ali!  :D

Well... not impressive enough to see a matched pair? Hmm... I guess it would depend on where the tat is...  ;D