News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric V Arachnid

I don't think there should be a separate weather thread.
Extreme events are shared in What's On Your Mind

We  shouldn't have a separate weather thread,
it'll be filled with inane I saw cloud today stuff.

It's been wet, cool and wet the last couple of days.
I'm wearing layers in December.

It is going to be warm tomorrow.

Hello I'm sorry, I lost myself.
Misanthropic Curmudgeon

xSilverPhinx

It's hell outside. It's going to be 37?C today they say. There isn't that much shade in this concrete city for refuge. I'd rather wear layers in December than fight over telephone post shade with about 20 other people.  >:(

:D I didn't see any clouds, I wish there were a few, though. 

Soon the northern hemisphereans will come along and talk about how wonderfully cold it is where they are.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

It's a beautiful cold, crisp winters day here. 10 C
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Crow

What's with the weather presenters using the phrase "weather bomb"? Lovely day here though.
Retired member.

Ecurb Noselrub

Cold and rainy here in Central Texas.  I'm off work for a week.  I'll be sawing logs (literally) for the fireplace today.  It will be in the 20's F tonight.  I have some large oak trees on my property, and as limbs die I use them for firewood.

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 28, 2014, 12:47:19 PM
Soon the northern hemisphereans will come along and talk about how wonderfully cold it is where they are.

I think we're supposed to be into the seventies today. Of course, they called for freezing rain today and tomorrow, but I have my doubts considering it's tshirt weather.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tom62

We've got snow, snow and more snow. Temperatures are -4 degrees Celcius. Tomorrow it will be -15 degrees.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on December 28, 2014, 03:23:32 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 28, 2014, 12:47:19 PM

I think we're supposed to be into the seventies today. Of course, they called for freezing rain today and tomorrow, but I have my doubts considering it's tshirt weather.

Sounds pleasant. I'm ignorant on North American weather, in which state do you live? Is that normal this time of the year?

Crow

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 28, 2014, 02:46:59 PM
Cold and rainy here in Central Texas.  I'm off work for a week.  I'll be sawing logs (literally) for the fireplace today.  It will be in the 20's F tonight.  I have some large oak trees on my property, and as limbs die I use them for firewood.

Look everyone! New world people using outdated units of measurement, lets all point and laugh.
Retired member.

OldGit

Lucky you, Bruce!  We burn a lot of wood, but I have to scavenge - I have no trees in my small garden.  I'd love to have my own source.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Crow on December 28, 2014, 06:28:57 PM

Look everyone! New world people using outdated units of measurement, lets all point and laugh.

Nothing is outdated if Americans use it.  We are the standard.   ;D

OldGit

70? F is 16.888889? Reaumur - I thought we all knew that.

Pasta Chick

It's currently in the upper 40's.  It was supposed to rain but it's just cloudy.  I was going to run my dog but that's kinda warm coupled with the humidity.  Maybe I'll go for a short one.  There's no hunting Sunday's so I hate to miss the opportunity. 

It'll be in the teens again in a couple days.  It may or may not snow/rain/sleet/all of the above at the same time at any point, regardless of the temp.  Totally normal for New England this time of year. 

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 28, 2014, 06:50:03 PM
Quote from: Crow on December 28, 2014, 06:28:57 PM

Nothing is outdated if Americans use it.  We are the standard.   ;D

:P

jumbojak

Quote from: Crow on December 28, 2014, 06:28:57 PMLook everyone! New world people using outdated units of measurement, lets all point and laugh.

What's the speed limit in kph on you nearest highway? No cheating.....

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz