News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firebird

Quote from: Magdalena on April 05, 2016, 05:40:37 PM
Quote from: Firebird on April 05, 2016, 05:03:20 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 05, 2016, 10:22:50 AM
Insomnia.  :(

How bad? I was up till 4 am a few nights ago
Insomnia sucks. I have insomnia every single night.  :(

But you know what/who makes me grumpy?
Trump.

Please excuse my language, but what the fuck is wrong with this motherfucker!?  :lynch:

Possibly insomnia. Some journalists have noted that his behavior looks similar to people suffering from sleep deprivation, especially since he boasts about only getting a few hours of sleep a night.
Or he's just a huge asshole.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Davin

Quote from: Firebird on April 05, 2016, 07:51:52 PM

Trump.

Please excuse my language, but what the fuck is wrong with this motherfucker!?  :lynch:

Possibly insomnia. Some journalists have noted that his behavior looks similar to people suffering from sleep deprivation, especially since he boasts about only getting a few hours of sleep a night.
Probably both. He also claims to have the best memory, while forgetting simple things, which is also a symptom of insomnia.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

Tossed and turned in bed until around 3 am, then fell asleep until 6h30. After that I couldn't fall asleep again. I felt/feel like crap today. 

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on April 05, 2016, 07:59:52 PM

Trump.

Probably both. He also claims to have the best memory, while forgetting simple things, which is also a symptom of insomnia.
You know what? I think it's time I did something about it.  :chin:

:incense: :palpatine:  :cauldron:  :devil2:  :spaghetti:  :abduct:

There must be fifty ways
To ban a motherfucker
Fifty ways to ban a motherfucker...

:smilenod:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on April 05, 2016, 09:21:23 PM

Trump.

There must be fifty ways
To ban a motherfucker

We should send him to his room until he gets enough sleep.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on April 05, 2016, 10:04:16 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 05, 2016, 09:21:23 PM

Trump.

There must be fifty ways
To ban a motherfucker

We should send him to his room until he gets enough sleep.

Davin, you is so evil! I love it!  :lol:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

XSP surely there is a Brazilian remedy for insomnia. Rum toddies, gin and tonic, or  several margaritas come to mind.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on April 05, 2016, 11:37:39 PM
XSP surely there is a Brazilian remedy for insomnia. Rum toddies, gin and tonic, or  several margaritas come to mind.

Heheh I would rather to wake up without a major headache. :P

Usually what I do is listen to audiobooks - I just can't seem to stay awake when listening to one - but yesterday just didn't feel like doing that either. I was in a truly grumpy mood.  :headshake:

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 06, 2016, 01:43:14 AM

Usually what I do is listen to audiobooks - I just can't seem to stay awake when listening to one - but yesterday just didn't feel like doing that either. I was in a truly grumpy mood.  :headshake:
I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention.
The "Clown Posse" got together and...well, you know.  :shifty:

Anyways, insomnia...Mornings are horrible when you have insomnia.  :zombie:
I've had it ever since I was a child. I've learned to live with it, tried just about everything, nothing works. If it works, it has bad side effects. I don't think I can give you any advice. I can't even help myself with this problem.
I'm sorry.  :(

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on April 06, 2016, 04:02:57 AM

I like the "Clown Posse"! :popcorn:

QuoteAnyways, insomnia...Mornings are horrible when you have insomnia.  :zombie:
I've had it ever since I was a child. I've learned to live with it, tried just about everything, nothing works. If it works, it has bad side effects. I don't think I can give you any advice. I can't even help myself with this problem.

Thanks Mags. :P

:therethere:

Have you tried melatonin supplements?

Crow

Retired member.

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on April 06, 2016, 04:02:57 AM

Anyways, insomnia...Mornings are horrible when you have insomnia.  :zombie:
I've also had insomnia since I was a kid (there must be a correlation between childhood insomnia and liking animated gifs), I've worked on it, tracked it, and have made some improvement. I used to sleep between 3-5 hours a night, now I sleep 4.5-6 hours a night. What's my secret? Well, it only took me a lifetime of trying. What worked for me, was to get up at the same time every day no matter when I went to sleep, which is currently 5:30am and I usually go to bed between 11pm and 12:30am. Also, I can't go to bed when I don't have the sleep tired feeling which is much different than a body tired. If I feel the sleep tired between 11pm and 12:30am, I go to bed immediately, which means that I take care of everything I need to take care of before 11pm. That way I can just go right to bed because if I miss that sleep tired feeling, I will have to wait for the next one.

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 06, 2016, 01:03:43 PM
Have you tried melatonin supplements?
No, I haven't. I guess I haven't really tried "just about everything."  :scratch:

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on April 06, 2016, 04:22:50 PM
I've also had insomnia since I was a kid (there must be a correlation between childhood insomnia and liking animated gifs)
:snicker:

Quote from: Davin on April 06, 2016, 04:22:50 PM
I've worked on it, tracked it, and have made some improvement. I used to sleep between 3-5 hours a night, now I sleep 4.5-6 hours a night. What's my secret? Well, it only took me a lifetime of trying. What worked for me, was to get up at the same time every day no matter when I went to sleep, which is currently 5:30am and I usually go to bed between 11pm and 12:30am. Also, I can't go to bed when I don't have the sleep tired feeling which is much different than a body tired. If I feel the sleep tired between 11pm and 12:30am, I go to bed immediately, which means that I take care of everything I need to take care of before 11pm. That way I can just go right to bed because if I miss that sleep tired feeling, I will have to wait for the next one.
I'm glad you found a solution to your problem. I also go to bed when I feel tired, between 11:30 and 12:30. I've noticed it's 1:45 or  2:00 AM and I'm still awake.  :o Doctors will give me pills, but they make me feel horrible in the morning, so I don't take them--anymore. I've noticed that a glass of cold milk makes me sleepy.  :smilenod:

Biggus Dickus

Mags, I heard from the nuns who taught at my school that not casting spells, or practicing any form of witchcraft after 8pm is a good cure for insomnia.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."