News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Science GIFS

Started by xSilverPhinx, June 21, 2016, 11:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 01, 2017, 12:25:21 AM

A nanobot taking a spermatozoide to the egg.

That sort of thing gets my mind fizzing! I assume they used rotating and directional magnetic fields to power, navigate and instruct the bot.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

joeactor

Not a GIF, but interesting to see what DNA looks like in a cell:

Dave

Quote from: joeactor on September 06, 2017, 08:54:25 PM

Maybe I am old fashioned and to stuffy but I am putboff by these frenetic presenters with their extreme facial expressions and wave-about hand gestures. But, if it works for the kids I will just quietly ignore it and go for the likes of  Neil deGrasse Tyson , Jim Al-Khalili or even Brian Cox. I especially miss the laid back Richard Feynman

Icarus

I'm with you Dave. Too much show business does not do anything for my understanding of the subject matter.  In the case of the video I will generously write it off as unbridled enthusiasm for the subject matter, by the presenter. 

There is a You Tube video that shows a young black man who is a teacher, He has a weird hairdo.  He teaches his lessons with a rap music format.  The claim is that it works well for his elementary grade students.  He be jivein' man.  Not my cup of tea but if it works for him and his class.....then go for it.   

The kids can go home or out to the playground and rap the multiplication tables I suppose.

hermes2015

I agree on a personal level, but at the same time believe that anything that will perhaps plant a seed of interest in science in a young mind is useful.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Davin

Quote from: Icarus on September 07, 2017, 12:36:10 AM
There is a You Tube video that shows a young black man who is a teacher, He has a weird hairdo.  He teaches his lessons with a rap music format.  The claim is that it works well for his elementary grade students.  He be jivein' man.  Not my cup of tea but if it works for him and his class.....then go for it.

Not my cup of tea. But I'm not a little kid (in age), anymore.

Quote from: joeactor on September 06, 2017, 08:54:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT9T9h-2Jp8
I did like that. A very clear demonstration of what he was talking about, which make things easier to take in.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

Neuron making connections in cell culture.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Y'know, just makes me think that the old idea that we are really just colonies of, once individual, single-celled organisms that shared genes and merged has some merit . . .

xSilverPhinx

https://www.amoebasisters.com/gifs.html

These are some good gifs, I'm going to use some of them for my classes.  8)

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 27, 2018, 02:19:02 AM

Those are excellent.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bluenose

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 27, 2018, 02:19:02 AM

Thanks for sharing those, they're great!
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

joeactor