News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What are you drinking now?

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, December 25, 2020, 03:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 12, 2022, 03:41:39 PM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on February 12, 2022, 03:33:30 PM
Coffee :reading:

To be fair Sir Dark Lighning, when you click on that smiley it says "News", though the one to the left of it says tea!!

So it could be inferred that particular smiley is drinking coffee, but maybe not...maybe it's miso broth?

I WANT A COFFEE SMILEY >:(

8)
I get that, but every other website I go to that uses emojis associates that one with coffee consumption. It's crazy, that emoji says, "reading" when you pick it from the list, and "news, meh" when you hover over in a post.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: No one on February 12, 2022, 04:49:15 AM
C20H25N3O

Is this like LSD mixed with Club Soda? What about the lime?

Currently, I'm sipping on Bulgarian grape brandy. Burgas 63 Pearl, to be exact. A gift from a Bulgarian physician couple whom I know.

Recusant

Quote from: Dark Lightning on February 12, 2022, 07:09:45 PM

To be fair Sir Dark Lighning, when you click on that smiley it says "News", though the one to the left of it says tea!!

So it could be inferred that particular smiley is drinking coffee, but maybe not...maybe it's miso broth?

8)
I get that, but every other website I go to that uses emojis associates that one with coffee consumption. It's crazy, that emoji says, "reading" when you pick it from the list, and "news, meh" when you hover over in a post.

Yes most likely coffee's what's in the cup, yes that smiley is most commonly a reference to coffee, and nothing wrong with using it for that despite its idiosyncratic labels here. To me it looks bored and maybe a bit disillusioned, while I consider coffee a happy thing. If I come across a more java-centric smiley I'll add to the zoo.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Recusant on February 13, 2022, 05:19:54 AM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on February 12, 2022, 07:09:45 PM

8)

Yes most likely coffee's what's in the cup, yes that smiley is most commonly a reference to coffee, and nothing wrong with using it for that despite its idiosyncratic labels here. To me it looks bored and maybe a bit disillusioned, while I consider coffee a happy thing. If I come across a more java-centric smiley I'll add to the zoo.

Gracias Señor Recusant!

I will have to have you over sometime for coffee.

I adore coffee. I use my pour-over and my Fench Press most often to make coffee. I do the Pour-Over at home, and I use a French Press at the office as it's quicker and easier, but I also enjoy making Turkish coffee in my Ibrik pots, as well as espresso.  :reading:

Here are some of my coffee and tea pots to include my pour-over kit, along with my electric kettle which I received last year for my birthday. I love the variety of uses, and the speed of the electric kettle. You can set it for whatever the desired temperature you want or need for your coffee or tea (For pour-over I like it around 198F)
I also like that it will hold the temperature for a couple hours, so if I'm drinking tea I can have more than one cup without having to reheat the water.

It's Sunday so I had more coffee than I normally due, not switching over to tea!

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dark Lightning

There ae several coffee emojis here: http://rationalia.com/z/index.html
Scroll down about 10 rows.

hermes2015

Last night my extended family and I had our weekly dinner at an excellent Mandarin restaurant. We ended with the usual green tea, but that is not the point of my story. Next door is a newish Japanese restaurant that has had good reviews. Interestingly, they have a water sommelier, of which there are not too many worldwide.

https://www.businessinsider.co.za/being-a-water-sommelier-is-so-niche-sa-has-only-one-certified-how-candice-jansen-became-one-2021-5

I hear some of the water choices are up to around 50 euros per bottle.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dark Lightning

People dying of thirst, and someone has figured out how to sell water for 50 euros a bottle. It's on a par with salt tasting parties. What a world we live in. I at least hope that part of the proceeds are helping water-impoverished people get water.

Icarus

In bread making, water has an influence.  The tap water in my house is chlorinated and has fluorine traces.  The chlorine seems to interfere with fermentation.  I use filtered pure water for my clumsy efforts at making bread.

I also use filtered water to make tea or coffee.  There is a subtle difference in taste.  Ordinary cooking, as in boiling potatoes or some such thing, the chlorine boils off and does not affect the taste of potatoes, carrots, or whatever

Biggus Dickus

We've used a Berkey water filer system for quite a while now, and absolutely love it!

The taste and quality of the water it produces is noticeably different than the water out of the tap. You can read more about it in the link below. (The main black filters last about 3-5 years depending on use, and the white fluoride filters last about 1 year)

Tea and coffee really taste so much better using filtered water...nice thing about this system is that it's gravity fed, and portable.

I have tried to get our office to purchase one, as we go through quite a few 5 gallon water jugs a week. The only drawback of these is you have to fill them with water regularly, and we figured no one would be doing so in the office on a regular basis so we would be out of good water when we need it. (Takes time for the water to filter as it's a gravity fed system)

https://www.berkeyfilters.com

Also, you all should join the 3 day no-alcohol challenge on February 29, 30 and 31!!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."