News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Religion / Re: Christian Nonduality
Last post by Me_Be - Today at 06:51:25 AM
Quote from: Icarus on May 06, 2024, 11:23:15 PM^ Perception is reality.
Yes and No

Yes in the relative sense, where there is perceived a sense of I who is perceiving itself as the perceiver. ( Belief ) the lies that tell the truth.

And NO in the absolute sense, which as a relative perception of reality perceived apparently - it's an imposed/ imposter generated illusory divergent of what reality actually is absolutely.

Reality is never what thought thinks it is. Reality is without doubt or error regardless of any perception of it. Therefore, reality is no reality absolutely.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: What's on your mind today?
Last post by billy rubin - Today at 02:44:05 AM
++++
History / Re: What's this?
Last post by billy rubin - Today at 02:42:28 AM
yes!!!!
Last post by Dark Lightning - Today at 01:43:15 AM
That particular example in the link above is cast bronze. My wife has one that used nails for the knobs. The different size holes are for different size fingers.
Here is one in use-
Religion / Re: Christian Nonduality
Last post by Icarus - May 06, 2024, 11:23:15 PM
^ Perception is reality.
Last post by Icarus - May 06, 2024, 11:19:25 PM
 it is an errant space ship brought by tiny aliens who misplaced their balls.

In fact it is a superb piece of work by a highly skilled artisan. A bit too intricate for a sand cast mold. Probably a clay mold of some sort. The most difficult part of the mold was the cavities for the knobs. Aside from the method of production, the maker of the object knew more than a little about solid geometry and a helping of trig..

I spent a part of my professional life designing molds for various objects and various materials.  I'd have gotten a headache while doing that mold design work. 

Our casting/sculpting/artistic  Hermes might weigh in on the possible method that was used.

The object need not have a specific purpose. It could be an exercise in artful creation by a very clever person.     
Science / Re: Oral Insulin
Last post by Icarus - May 06, 2024, 10:43:23 PM
Welcome news for insulin dependent people.
Last post by Icarus - May 06, 2024, 10:36:48 PM
 :bravo:
Last post by Tom62 - May 06, 2024, 04:26:19 PM
Great race. Lando did everything right. Max on the other hand made a big mistake that damaged his car. Luckily he didn't lose much points because he still came in second.
Last post by Tank - May 06, 2024, 10:24:21 AM
This is the first time he has been with the team when they have won a race. He was at Arrows when they had their last win. He was asked to come back by Andreas Stella the McLaren team manager. Andrew is definitely living his best life. :)