News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

evolution debate

Started by jcm, June 17, 2008, 02:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcm

this is really old stuff, but I was browsing around saw it and had to share:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-BFEhkIujA&NR=1

I just can't help hitting myself in the forehead at the end of this video  :brick:

"I wasn't there"...then how can you know anything at all????
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -cs

afreethinker30

Quote from: "jcm"this is really old stuff, but I was browsing around saw it and had to share:

I just can't help hitting myself in the forehead at the end of this video  :brick:

I keep reading the earth is only 6,000 years old when it comes to this.My only question about that would be do these people believe that dinosaurs and people walked the earth at the same time?I've also heard that dinosaurs were planted by atheist scientist to fool good christians.

Asmodean

Quote from: "afreethinker30"I keep reading the earth is only 6,000 years old when it comes to this.My only question about that would be do these people believe that dinosaurs and people walked the earth at the same time?I've also heard that dinosaurs were planted by atheist scientist to fool good christians.

*lecturing tone* As many dinosaurs were reptilian in nature and the Snake from the Garden of Eden was reptilian, the dinosaurs must have been of the devil. Thus, when people walked on Earth, Dinosaurs were waiting for the sinful in Hell. But the evil God-hating demons of Hell decided to wage a war on the good Lord and so their hordes of beasts charged from the depth in attempt to undo creation. Of course, what devils and demons did not think of was the fact that God, in his infinite omni-everythingness, cursed all who lived in Hell to turn to stone with first rays of the sun. And that is why the world is crawling with dinosaur fossils today. */lecturing tone*

:banna: I shall call it "The book of Asmodean, 1:1"
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

SteveS

Quote from: "afreethinker30"I've also heard that dinosaurs were planted by atheist scientist to fool good christians.
Aww crap - they're on to me!  Eh, it was a good job while it lasted....

Smallville

Quote from: "afreethinker30"
Quote from: "jcm"this is really old stuff, but I was browsing around saw it and had to share:

I keep reading the earth is only 6,000 years old when it comes to this.My only question about that would be do these people believe that dinosaurs and people walked the earth at the same time?I've also heard that dinosaurs were planted by atheist scientist to fool good christians.

Yes, they not believe it but they have their own little Creation Museum dedicated to educating the world about this belief. And they have little picture books to indoctrinate little children into believing this garbage as well.

It's more insane than some of the other 'teachings' they have.
Two wrongs don't make a right but three left turns will.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." â€" Nietzsche
"Just think of the tragedy of teaching children not to doubt." - Clarence Darrow

afreethinker30

Quote from: "Asmodean"
Quote from: "afreethinker30"I keep reading the earth is only 6,000 years old when it comes to this.My only question about that would be do these people believe that dinosaurs and people walked the earth at the same time?I've also heard that dinosaurs were planted by atheist scientist to fool good christians.

*lecturing tone* As many dinosaurs were reptilian in nature and the Snake from the Garden of Eden was reptilian, the dinosaurs must have been of the devil. Thus, when people walked on Earth, Dinosaurs were waiting for the sinful in Hell. But the evil God-hating demons of Hell decided to wage a war on the good Lord and so their hordes of beasts charged from the depth in attempt to undo creation. Of course, what devils and demons did not think of was the fact that God, in his infinite omni-everythingness, cursed all who lived in Hell to turn to stone with first rays of the sun. And that is why the world is crawling with dinosaur fossils today. */lecturing tone*

:banna: I shall call it "The book of Asmodean, 1:1"

People are so Neandertal.

afreethinker30

Quote from: "Smallville"
Quote from: "afreethinker30"

Yes, they not believe it but they have their own little Creation Museum dedicated to educating the world about this belief. And they have little picture books to indoctrinate little children into believing this garbage as well.

I have a feeling that those people are the same ones who do Hell House every year to.

jcm

It depends on the kind of Christian you talk to. The hard core types will tell you that the science is wrong while others will say that their interpretation of the bible was wrong. I don’t see how you can continue to trust a book that was debunked so badly by science.

Christians were pretty sure of the age of universe before science came along and tested it. No you can’t take it back…if the bible meant the universe was older than 6000 years, then it would have said that the first time you read it.

The earth wasn’t created in six days? Well if it took longer, then say it took longer. Or say something like “the years before the birth of man can be counted as grains of sand can be counting on all of earth’s deserts.”
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -cs

jcm

Quote from: "Smallville"Yes, they not believe it but they have their own little Creation Museum dedicated to educating the world about this belief. And they have little picture books to indoctrinate little children into believing this garbage as well.

it must be right next to the unicorn and vampire museum.

afreethinker30

I don't see how people can take the bible so seriously.I say God does sloppy work.AIDS,bird flu,depression,rapists,cancer,pedophilia alot of screw ups.

jcm

Quote from: "afreethinker30"I don't see how people can take the bible so seriously.I say God does sloppy work.AIDS,bird flu,depression,rapists,cancer,pedophilia alot of screw ups.

all can be fixed with prayer.

not fixed yet? well, keep praying.

afreethinker30

Quote from: "jcm"
Quote from: "afreethinker30"I don't see how people can take the bible so seriously.I say God does sloppy work.AIDS,bird flu,depression,rapists,cancer,pedophilia alot of screw ups.

all can be fixed with prayer.

not fixed yet? well, keep praying.

Yeah that million I was promised never showed up.Wonder what God's email is so i can get my $9.95 back I sent to have him answer my prayer.

afreethinker30

Asmodean

Quote from: "afreethinker30"Wonder what God's email is so i can get my $9.95 back I sent to have him answer my prayer.

Uhm... god@heaven.com?  :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

afreethinker30

Quote from: "Asmodean"
Quote from: "afreethinker30"Wonder what God's email is so i can get my $9.95 back I sent to have him answer my prayer.

Uhm... god@heaven.com?  :D

If only..