Started by Recusant, June 28, 2020, 06:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

This is fun, but not so easy. Here goes:

Lark: 1
Tank: 14, 23
JJ: 13
Recusant: 7
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on July 16, 2020, 05:36:58 AM
So far I'll say 14 is correct for me. :)

Oh, is that how it's going to work? Shall we confirm the correct guesses as they are made?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on July 16, 2020, 09:29:50 AM

Oh, is that how it's going to work? Shall we confirm the correct guesses as they are made?

Up to you how you want to do it. I just thought I'd not leave people hanging as it were :)
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on July 16, 2020, 09:45:42 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on July 16, 2020, 09:29:50 AM

Up to you how you want to do it. I just thought I'd not leave people hanging as it were :)

I will do the same, then.
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Lark identified three of my photos correctly: 9, 15, and 26.

I have completed the painting in progress in number 9. It is now hanging in the home of  the opera lover who commissioned it. I will show it in the Art and things we've made thread.

Number 15 shows part of my music system.

The cat photo was taken in  my daughter's house.
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sandra Craft on July 16, 2020, 02:57:24 AM
Curious as to who has the TARDIS looking thing...

I think Sandy here is actually the one who took that photo and is just trying to misdirect our attention.  ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 16, 2020, 03:15:43 PM

I think Sandy here is actually the one who took that photo and is just trying to misdirect our attention.  ;D

Ha, I was thinking the same thing.
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on July 16, 2020, 03:52:16 PM

Me too :)

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on July 16, 2020, 04:39:02 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on July 16, 2020, 03:52:16 PM

Me too :)

I wish I had that!  I've been coveting it ever since I saw it.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

hermes2015

The guessing game seems to have faded away. Shall we reveal the names, or does anyone want to submit more guesses?
― Charles Eames

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

Randy

"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg