News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Spheres — HAF Photo Challenge Poll

Started by Recusant, April 22, 2020, 11:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Just most of the usual suspects this time.  ;)

Thank you to all who submitted photos. Please PM me ASAP if I've missed any entries, or otherwise made a mistake in setting this poll.

Members may vote for up to five entries and can change their votes. Three seemed too few, and four inauspicious. Voting will close in a week or two, depending on response.

1. Lark

2. hermes2015

3. Recusant

4. Lark

5. hermes2015

6. Recusant

7. Lark

8. hermes2015

9. Recusant

10. Lark

11. hermes2015

12. Lark

13. Recusant

14. Recusant
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

hermes2015

Thank you Recusant. I was hoping we would get more entries. I think my choice of theme was not very good, apart from any restrictions on going out to take photos.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Recusant

I think it's a cool theme, but inspiration can be fickle.  :mysterious:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Great photos! It is a great theme, just difficult circumstances.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: hermes2015 on April 23, 2020, 05:19:53 AM
Thank you Recusant. I was hoping we would get more entries. I think my choice of theme was not very good, apart from any restrictions on going out to take photos.

I would put it entirely on the going out restrictions.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Recusant

Still a few days left in which to vote. :)
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

Looking forward to finding out about 4.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Recusant

Congratulations to hermes2015 for his winning still life of spheres! Thank you to Lark and hermes2015 for their contributions, and thank you to all who voted. Now, on to the next one.  :thumbsup:
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Lark

Photo number four gives a view of Le Champignon, a very large erratic boulder balanced on a weathered stone outcrop that can be found very near the town of Huelgoat (pronounced "wellgwat") in Finistère, Brittany. It's actually in some woods across the street from a supermarket. The photo doesn't really do its size justice, but the one at the link shows the scale.

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Quote from: Lark on May 10, 2020, 08:53:46 PM
Photo number four gives a view of Le Champignon, a very large erratic boulder balanced on a weathered stone outcrop that can be found very near the town of Huelgoat (pronounced "wellgwat") in Finistère, Brittany. It's actually in some woods across the street from a supermarket. The photo doesn't really do its size justice, but the one at the link shows the scale.

It really does look quite mushroomy.
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: Lark on May 10, 2020, 08:53:46 PM