Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Are You Ready For The Zombie Invasion?

Started by xSilverPhinx, April 12, 2020, 09:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Old Seer

I'm baffed! (he exclaimed) Are there floks that really believe that zombies exist. Or is this a metaphor for someone/thing else.
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: billy rubin on April 13, 2020, 06:39:11 PM
i made a napalm bomb once.

had a motorcycle roadrace fairing delivered to the house. it arrived in one piece in a huge box packed in styrofoam peanuts. i hate those things so i decided to burn the whole object befote they could ezcape.

took it out to the burn pile and poured a liter of gasoline over tbe styrofoam. then i realized i didnt habe any matchez, so i went back to the house.

by the time i returned the gasokine had dissolved into tbe peanutz rendering a certain amount of primitive napalm. tbe remainder had evaporated and filled tbe bix with a large amou t of gasoline vapour mixed with atmosphereic oxygen.

so me in all innocence stood there, struck a mat h, and tozsed it into the box.

there waz a thunderous exlosion and suddenly i was 8n the centr of a flaming hemizphere of jellied gasoline particlez, expanding outwards in perfect spherical symmitry and the n falli g straight down like incendiary bombs.

with me in the middle

anyway, i somehow escaed unzcathed and then ran arou d tbe fairy ring stomping the flami g styrofoam until i felt safe again.

it waz very beautiful, albeit a bit stupid. but tbats mostly the story of my lifel, i guess

When I was a teen, one of my friends' dad worked in a machine shop manufacturing components from magnesium. My friend would go in on weekends and do janitorial tasks for some spare cash. He would also bring home #80 paper shopping bags full of magnesium shavings. We used to set that stuff alight in strange places. One time, after the trash had been collected, we dragged the trash barrel (which in those days was a 55 gallon drum with little hard rubber wheels) into his back yard. We took a 1 pound coffee can and stuffed in a bunch of shavings and filled it 1/3 with water. I pulled a shaving up as a wick, set the can inside the trash barrel and lit it. Of course, once the fire hit the water, the magnesium exploded, sending flaming shavings into...the massive tree in their back yard.  :haironfire: Now, the tree is on fire, but we couldn't put it out with water, because that would just accelerate the fire. We had to wait for the magnesium to stop burning first, then put it out. Good times!  :rofl: Lucky to be alive, I am!  :-[

Asmodean

Quote from: Old Seer on April 13, 2020, 10:04:19 PM
I'm baffed! (he exclaimed) Are there floks that really believe that zombies exist. Or is this a metaphor for someone/thing else.
I use the word to mean "the infected." Fan of the genre. It's a boring zompocalypse in real life though. More work and can't do social activities after.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Old Seer on April 13, 2020, 10:04:19 PM

Old Seer, you probably don't know yet not to take me too seriously. :grin: I don't believe zombies exist, nor do I know anyone who does. I won't say nobody believes that stuff though, because there are all kinds of nuts out there. ::)

Could be a metaphor for the infected, could be one for COVIDiots as well. ;) 

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 13, 2020, 10:15:19 PM
Quote from: billy rubin on April 13, 2020, 06:39:11 PM
i made a napalm bomb once.

had a motorcycle roadrace fairing delivered to the house. it arrived in one piece in a huge box packed in styrofoam peanuts. i hate those things so i decided to burn the whole object befote they could ezcape.

took it out to the burn pile and poured a liter of gasoline over tbe styrofoam. then i realized i didnt habe any matchez, so i went back to the house.

by the time i returned the gasokine had dissolved into tbe peanutz rendering a certain amount of primitive napalm. tbe remainder had evaporated and filled tbe bix with a large amou t of gasoline vapour mixed with atmosphereic oxygen.

so me in all innocence stood there, struck a mat h, and tozsed it into the box.

there waz a thunderous exlosion and suddenly i was 8n the centr of a flaming hemizphere of jellied gasoline particlez, expanding outwards in perfect spherical symmitry and the n falli g straight down like incendiary bombs.

with me in the middle

anyway, i somehow escaed unzcathed and then ran arou d tbe fairy ring stomping the flami g styrofoam until i felt safe again.

it waz very beautiful, albeit a bit stupid. but tbats mostly the story of my lifel, i guess

When I was a teen, one of my friends' dad worked in a machine shop manufacturing components from magnesium. My friend would go in on weekends and do janitorial tasks for some spare cash. He would also bring home #80 paper shopping bags full of magnesium shavings. We used to set that stuff alight in strange places. One time, after the trash had been collected, we dragged the trash barrel (which in those days was a 55 gallon drum with little hard rubber wheels) into his back yard. We took a 1 pound coffee can and stuffed in a bunch of shavings and filled it 1/3 with water. I pulled a shaving up as a wick, set the can inside the trash barrel and lit it. Of course, once the fire hit the water, the magnesium exploded, sending flaming shavings into...the massive tree in their back yard.  :haironfire: Now, the tree is on fire, but we couldn't put it out with water, because that would just accelerate the fire. We had to wait for the magnesium to stop burning first, then put it out. Good times!  :rofl: Lucky to be alive, I am!  :-[

:watching:

Dark Lightning

:lol: Plus, there was flaming magnesium all over the back yard. Somehow we managed to escape getting burned, ourselves.  :yes!:

billy rubin

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 13, 2020, 10:15:19 PM

When I was a teen, one of my friends' dad worked in a machine shop manufacturing components from magnesium.

as soon as you said magnesium i knew what was coming.

they used to build dirigibls out of that stuff, and then fill em with hydrogen gas

what could go wrong?

set the function, not the mechanism.

xSilverPhinx

Sounds like an adventure. ;D When I was a kid the closest I got to such 'experiments' was a chemistry set my father bought for me which my mother hid somewhere I would never think to look. ::)

Though I highly doubt a kid's chemistry set would have any flammable chemicals in it...

Dark Lightning

Nope...but another friend of mine and I managed to make a small batch of sulfuric acid the hard way, by burning a small amount of sulfur from his chemistry set and collecting the smoke, and then adding hydrogen peroxide. It made for a quite dilute mix, so we were driving the water off with his little alcohol burner when he splashed some on his hand. I don't know which was worse- the fact that the mixture was near-boiling or that the solution was strong enough. Boy, was his mom pissed! :lol: Our ultimate goal with that sulfuric acid was to make gun cotton (Nitroglycerin using cotton instead of glycerin, as it's a lot more stable). Of course, we'd have had to also make the other acid, but that kind of got sidelined.  ::)

xSilverPhinx

My brave friends, I regret to say that the zombies have breached the walls. This was found in one of the building's elevators this morning:

This can only mean the person to whom that thing belongs to became a full-fledged zombie while carrying that equipment in the elevator and limped out of the elevator with whatever was left of its mind bent on infecting other souls. Alas! What will become of me now?  :faints:

If by some ill turn of fate I do not access HAF for a couple of days it could very well mean I have perished.

jumbojak

I didn't know Makita made a corded blower. You might be right about whoever left that. Makita tends to not be cheap.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Asmodean

A blower, you say... If it blew flames somehow... :smilenod:

Quick! Re-purpose it before the ax's get to you!

Also, the construction crews in my company routinely leave expensive stuff lying around. "What you don't own and have limited liability for," I suppose...
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on April 15, 2020, 10:28:46 PM
I didn't know Makita made a corded blower. You might be right about whoever left that. Makita tends to not be cheap.

I'm afraid so.  :(

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on April 15, 2020, 10:32:17 PM
A blower, you say... If it blew flames somehow... :smilenod:

Quick! Re-purpose it before the ax's get to you!

:notsure: Hmm...methinks I need to be theatrical about stealing the blower. Perhaps feigning dementia is in order in case the non-zombiefied building managers see me through the cameras. :smilenod: