News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

guys what do you think of this george foreman nde and conversion?

Started by manga, July 10, 2017, 04:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

Sandra Craft

These remind me of that old saying:  Heaven doesn't want me, and Hell is afraid I'll take over.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Biggus Dickus

Some of your comments have been somewhat comforting, but still what about the recurring theme in most NDE's about people who experience hell feeling as Foreman put it,... "Sorrow beyond description engulfed my soul, more than anyone could ever imagine ... If you multiplied every disturbing and frightening thought that you've ever had during your entire life, that wouldn't come close to the panic I felt".

That's what scares me,...what if hell isn't a party place, but just a pit of despair?

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Father Bruno on July 14, 2017, 02:17:08 PM
Some of your comments have been somewhat comforting, but still what about the recurring theme in most NDE's about people who experience hell feeling as Foreman put it,... "Sorrow beyond description engulfed my soul, more than anyone could ever imagine ... If you multiplied every disturbing and frightening thought that you've ever had during your entire life, that wouldn't come close to the panic I felt".

That's what scares me,...what if hell isn't a party place, but just a pit of despair?

And heaven, as Velma described it, isn't a pit of despair? If it's a lose-lose situation then just forget it and enjoy life. :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 14, 2017, 02:48:29 PM

And heaven, as Velma described it, isn't a pit of despair? If it's a lose-lose situation then just forget it and enjoy life. :grin:

Sorry, but as profound and articulate as Velma's statement was as far as I know she hasn't had an NDE, and those who have describe heaven most commonly as "...a place of exquisite beauty, not unlike the earth, with mountains, forests, flowers, and streams, yet alive in new dimensions of time and space—illuminated by a light that radiates life and love. Even a few NDErs who were blind from birth also "see" the same exquisite beauty. They describe this same mystical light that doesn't shine on, but out of, everything, affirming the Bible's explanation that there is no sun or moon in Heaven, but the glory of God is its light (Revelation 21:23-24).

I mean if given an option I'll take the latter, however. Do I still have an option left to me or is it simply to late for me, or is it possible for me to turn myself over to god still, repent for my sins, and ask to be forgiven for my many transgressions?

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Davin

What if that was Heaven? I mean, people are told that Hell is the bad place and Heaven is the good, then people have "good" NDEs and associate that with Heaven, and have "bad" NDEs and associate that with Hell. But what if those are backwards? What if by following the god on blind faith is exactly what the god does not want. Maybe this world is a test, and those that fail by believing in things without evidence are dumped into the eternal trash which is Hell. And those that practice good skepticism and show a decent logical prowess pass the test and get into the good place.

And when did this switch from manga's thread to Bruno's?
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Sandra Craft

Someone posted this a while back, and it seems really appropriate to this discussion:

Sandy

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Father Bruno on July 14, 2017, 03:17:06 PM

I mean if given an option I'll take the latter, however. Do I still have an option left to me or is it simply to late for me, or is it possible for me to turn myself over to god still, repent for my sins, and ask to be forgiven for my many transgressions?

From what I was told, you can repent and accept Christ as your Savior on your deathbed and, as long as you're sincere and not just working the odds, that will be enough to get you into Heaven.

But here's my problem with that -- if I consider one improbable possibility, I feel I'll have to consider them all and . . . ugh.  If I consider that the Xtian myths about Heaven and Hell are the real ones, should I start looking for vampires to make myself physically immortal since that is the option I'd want, even with the restricted diet?  You see what I mean?  It's opening a can of worms based on nothing more than camp fire stories and I just don't have enough energy, or interest.
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 14, 2017, 10:08:23 PM
Someone posted this a while back, and it seems really appropriate to this discussion:

That's great :lol:

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

What if Christians are really the Demons and the Devil is actually God and everything was switched around to deceive us into going to heaven, which is really hell?
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱