News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Simone Biles

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, August 11, 2019, 02:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

you know, what those people do is dangerous.  i think the cufrent objection to sexual costumrs is a good start to recognizing thst it isnt a victorias secret catwalk

do they still make women prrform to music, but not men? that sgould be gone as well

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

Tom62

I think that if Biles would have has real mental issues, she should have bailed out before the Olympics even started. Now she let everyone in her team down. Listening to her arguments in the press conference, it sounded like a very bad excuse of someone who just wanted to have some fun, who didn't want to take any responsibilities nor wanted be a team player. Blaming social media or no people present in the stadium to watch her performance for her "breakdown" are very pathetic arguments.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Tom62 on July 30, 2021, 07:41:12 PM
I think that if Biles would have has real mental issues, she should have bailed out before the Olympics even started.

But she didn't so they mustn't be real mental issues?

Now she let everyone in her team down.

I don't really follow gymnastics, is it a team sport now?

Listening to her arguments in the press conference, it sounded like a very bad excuse of someone who just wanted to have some fun, who didn't want to take any responsibilities nor wanted be a team player. Blaming social media or no people present in the stadium to watch her performance for her "breakdown" are very pathetic arguments.

When you mention her "very pathetic arguments"  I don't suppose you mean they elicit pity, sorrow or sympathy?

Why does someone claiming mental issues have to provide argument unless they've done something criminal?  I expect what she has done is going to cost her dollars, much training at least somewhat wasted, what's her motivation for her frivolous lark?
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

billy rubin

i'm not a follower of sports, so i don't really have a dog in this, but it seems to me that lots of people are trying to take possession of this girl's athletic performance, as if she owed them something.

i don't think she owes anybody anything. it's her life that she's living. if her sport requires 100 percent concentration to avoid serious injury, and she believes that she only has 99 percent available to give on that day, then i applaud her for not risking her neck to make a TV spectacle for people in the bleachers.

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

Anne D.

The Washington Post had this great opinion piece on how the US Olympic and Paralympic Committee and USA Gymnastics has really treated Biles and other gymnasts like shit and not had their backs:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/olympics/2021/07/29/simone-biles-larry-nassar-fbi/

It made me really angry on her behalf. This woman has given her all to represent her country at the Olympics and has broken records with the number of medals she's won, and she did this even after having been abused by a doctor for the organization that's supposed to support her (USA Gymnastics), an organization that showed no interest in taking any accountability or working to help and protect her and other gymnasts going forward. And yet when she needs to take a step back to take care of herself, some people have the audacity to be pricks about it.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Anne D. on August 01, 2021, 03:00:26 AM
The Washington Post had this great opinion piece on how the US Olympic and Paralympic Committee and USA Gymnastics has really treated Biles and other gymnasts like shit and not had their backs:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/olympics/2021/07/29/simone-biles-larry-nassar-fbi/

It made me really angry on her behalf. This woman has given her all to represent her country at the Olympics and has broken records with the number of medals she's won, and she did this even after having been abused by a doctor for the organization that's supposed to support her (USA Gymnastics), an organization that showed no interest in taking any accountability or working to help and protect her and other gymnasts going forward. And yet when she needs to take a step back to take care of herself, some people have the audacity to be pricks about it.

Hear, hear. I didn't know that she had also been abused; I guess I must have missed it in the news. That guy...well, I'll leave the punishment to people's respective imaginations.

Davin

Quote from: Bad Penny II on July 31, 2021, 09:52:19 AM
I think that if Biles would have has real mental issues, she should have bailed out before the Olympics even started.

But she didn't so they mustn't be real mental issues?
It's clearly impossible for someone going through mental issues to try to push through them and end up not being able to make it in the end. That's how it works don't it? Either the person knows exactly how things in the future will work out, or they're not having real mental issues.

Quote from: Bad Penny
Now she let everyone in her team down.

I don't really follow gymnastics, is it a team sport now?

Team America! Fuck yeah!

Quote from: Bad Penny
Listening to her arguments in the press conference, it sounded like a very bad excuse of someone who just wanted to have some fun, who didn't want to take any responsibilities nor wanted be a team player. Blaming social media or no people present in the stadium to watch her performance for her "breakdown" are very pathetic arguments.

When you mention her "very pathetic arguments"  I don't suppose you mean they elicit pity, sorrow or sympathy?

Why does someone claiming mental issues have to provide argument unless they've done something criminal?  I expect what she has done is going to cost her dollars, much training at least somewhat wasted, what's her motivation for her frivolous lark?

It's not weird at all that people feel like they deserve reasons from athletes for the athletes choices or poor performance. It's also not weird at all that those become demands and get downright creepy when it's a female athlete.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.