News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

Crystal is writing again. I think she took something I said the wrong way a few days ago. When she did write it was cold and usually one sentence long. I told her how I missed our long e-mail exchanges.

She doesn't usually have anything to say when I give out something personal about myself except when it is cancer related. I hope she breaks out of that mold. As I've told her, "Cancer doesn't define who we are." It's just a little part of us we have to live with. She's not dying from hers though. They are able to keep it under control. She has it rough (look up Head and Neck cancer or HNSCC for short) and you'll see that it is the number two cause of suicides among cancer patients. We lose an awful lot.

She does talk about walking in the park or lying out in the sunshine, something I can't do. But I like reading about it.

This post is becoming a book so I'll stop here.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

Damn I'm tired. But I'm cheerful too! :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

The electronic bat repellent seems to have worked last night. No bats flying around in my room, no bat sounds coming from the roof and I am not a vampire! :grin:

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Randy on July 04, 2020, 02:21:20 AM
Crystal is writing again. I think she took something I said the wrong way a few days ago. When she did write it was cold and usually one sentence long. I told her how I missed our long e-mail exchanges.

That's the trouble with communication without contact -- so much of the personal nuance is missing and it's easier to get things wrong.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Randy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 23, 2020, 11:37:15 AM
The electronic bat repellent seems to have worked last night. No bats flying around in my room, no bat sounds coming from the roof and I am not a vampire! :grin:
Yeah, you wouldn't want to fly around with googly eyes. :)
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Randy

Quote from: Sandra Craft on August 23, 2020, 07:39:03 PM

That's the trouble with communication without contact -- so much of the personal nuance is missing and it's easier to get things wrong.
So true. We are still sending e-mails back and forth. I tried talking to her over the phone but she can't understand me. Some people can't as the trach just messes everything up. She still wants me to try though so I'll probably call her again soon. To me it is an exercise in frustration as I also can't understand some of what she's telling me. I think it would be difficult for anyone until they are used to it.

xSilverPhinx

Definitely. Too easy to get things wrong.  ::)

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on August 23, 2020, 07:48:14 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 23, 2020, 11:37:15 AM
Yeah, you wouldn't want to fly around with googly eyes. :)

Yeah, I don't think bouncy googly eyes would help much in flight.  :P

No one

I just happen to have a connection to someone who can provide energizing crystals that are guaranteed to repel those pesky flying mammals.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Randy on August 23, 2020, 07:52:13 PM

So true. We are still sending e-mails back and forth. I tried talking to her over the phone but she can't understand me. Some people can't as the trach just messes everything up. She still wants me to try though so I'll probably call her again soon. To me it is an exercise in frustration as I also can't understand some of what she's telling me. I think it would be difficult for anyone until they are used to it.

Yeah, I can see where that would be difficult.  Like talking to someone with a really thick accent, but worse -- it'll take a while to wrap your brain around it.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Randy

Quote from: Sandra Craft on August 26, 2020, 06:40:13 AM
Quote from: Randy on August 23, 2020, 07:52:13 PM

Yeah, I can see where that would be difficult.  Like talking to someone with a really thick accent, but worse -- it'll take a while to wrap your brain around it.
I listened to a self-help by someone who had a trach and she sounded normal. One of my vocal cords was paralyzed during thirty-five days of radiation on the neck. The trach seems to exasperate it because of air pressure. I'm pushing a lot out because people often complain they can't hear me and when can they can't understand me.

It seems to be an exercise in futility. :(

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on August 26, 2020, 04:03:11 AM
I just happen to have a connection to someone who can provide energizing crystals that are guaranteed to repel those pesky flying mammals.

No need, I already have garlic all around the place. :grin:

billy rubin

whats wrong with bats? i mean, aside from rabies?

i love bats.

i have plans for a bathouse that will hold 300 pounds of them. i need two more telephone poles to get started

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."