Happy Atheist Forum

The H.A.F. System is Not Letting Me Change My Profile Settings

The H.A.F. System is Not Letting Me Change My Profile Settings
« on: January 27, 2022, 11:25:41 PM »
My profile settings cannot be changed. The H.A.F. system says my current password is incorrect even though I typed the right password. It is the same password I typed to let me log into this website.

billy rubin

• humble azpirant to the throne3 of typos
  • i actually do not know what LætusAtheos means
Re: The H.A.F. System is Not Letting Me Change My Profile Settings
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 11:48:03 PM »
thats odd

just because im anal retentive, hsve you tried copy/pasting the good one into the entry field?

Affecting travellers every year, this bizarre phenomenon sees visitors to Florence suffer psychological breakdowns after being overwhelmed by the city's abundance of great art.

Recusant

• Miscreant Erendrake
  • infidel barbarian
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2022, 01:32:07 AM »
I don't know what is going on with your profile page, but can offer a possible solution: Try resetting your password. If that doesn't work, I can reset the password to something very simple, after which you can then reset it to whatever you like. Please send me a personal message (via my profile page) if you want to use that route.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2022, 01:53:24 PM »
thats odd

just because im anal retentive, hsve you tried copy/pasting the good one into the entry field?
Yes, I have. It still won't let me change my profile settings. Sigh.

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2022, 02:42:28 PM »
I don't know what is going on with your profile page, but can offer a possible solution: Try resetting your password. If that doesn't work, I can reset the password to something very simple, after which you can then reset it to whatever you like. Please send me a personal message (via my profile page) if you want to use that route.
The fault is on Happy Atheist Forum's system. Not me. Because I have done this on other websites without a problem. Happy Atheist Forum's system accepted my current password when I registered a new account here. It is not accepting it on my profile settings page, though. So, there must be an inconsistency between what is acceptable for the registration page and profile settings page. So, I suggest the website owner here to fix it.

No one

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2022, 08:45:43 PM »
Is it putting up a fight?