News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's Your One Thing?

Started by MadBomr101, May 02, 2020, 08:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBomr101

A lot of people have a bucket list of things they'd like to do before they die: skydive, travel to (destination), meet a personal hero, etc... But, if push comes to shove, what is the ONE thing over all else you'd like to see, try, have, or experience?

And explain why it's most important.

Post 8 of 25
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

No one

MadBomr101

Quote from: No one on May 02, 2020, 09:04:23 PMThe pooper of beyonce.

But why her pooper specifically? Why not Lady Gaga's pooper, or Courney Love, or Flo the Progressive Insurance lady? 
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: MadBomr101 on May 02, 2020, 08:26:04 PM
A lot of people have a bucket list of things they'd like to do before they die: skydive, travel to (destination), meet a personal hero, etc... But, if push comes to shove, what is the ONE thing over all else you'd like to see, try, have, or experience?

And explain why it's most important.

Post 8 of 25

Travel to outer space. :tellmemore:

Oh, we were supposed to be realistic? :P In that case...it's probably a weird one, but I would like to see a full scan of my brain. Part of me thinks I might not like what I see, but the other thinks it's cool to see where "I/me" comes from. In a tug-of-war the second part wins.  ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

^Not for the cloisterphobic (sp)  types.   

billy rubin

interezting question. the premise iz a personal goal, so im excluding stuff like seeing my kids off to a good start, which trumps everything else for me.

but the top of my list is to take a 1965 triumph bonneville to 140 mph in a standing mile, on gasoline, no turbo, no aero aids.

after tbat i want to put on a fairing and take it to 150.

by the time i do tbat ill be too old for much more.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Asmodean

I won't get mine, unfortunately

To watch, in awe and wonder, a space expedition (manned or robotic) depart for an extrasolar planet. Preferably to see it get there, but that would be even less realistic.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

MadBomr101

Quote from: billy rubin on May 07, 2020, 11:16:22 AM
interezting question. the premise iz a personal goal, so im excluding stuff like seeing my kids off to a good start, which trumps everything else for me.

but the top of my list is to take a 1965 triumph bonneville to 140 mph in a standing mile, on gasoline, no turbo, no aero aids.

after tbat i want to put on a fairing and take it to 150.

by the time i do tbat ill be too old for much more.

Theoretically you could do that on the autobhan so it's plausible.
- Bomr

billy rubin

finding pavement isnt the issue, really. making that kind of motorcycle do it without blowing up is the difficult part.

no one has ever hit 140 on one. close, but not there.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Randy

It's pretty simple really yet it is something I cannot do at this time. I'd like to visit Destin, Florida once more. I'd like to rent a condo and have my caretaker with me.

I'd like to simply walk along the sand barefoot to the shore where water meets land. I'd like to feel the water splash against my ankles.

I'd like to watch the sandpipers and the sand crabs do their routines. I'd like to listen to the surf. All my cares seem to go out with the tide. Ah, the breeze messing up my hair, the warmth of the sun and on a clear night there are stars which aren't visible in the Atlanta area. Too much light pollution.

There are some things that are impossible for me to do such as have a picnic since I can't eat. But the other things I've mentioned above is enough for me. I love the beach.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

MadBomr101

That seems easily do-able.

Quote from: Randy on May 15, 2020, 11:33:15 PMThere are some things that are impossible for me to do such as have a picnic since I can't eat.

You can't eat?
- Bomr

Randy

Quote from: MadBomr101 on May 17, 2020, 02:42:10 AM
That seems easily do-able.

Quote from: Randy on May 15, 2020, 11:33:15 PMThere are some things that are impossible for me to do such as have a picnic since I can't eat.

You can't eat?

I can't. I had radiation therapy several years ago on my neck. My throat has been closing up ever since. I can barely swallow liquids and eating is out of the question.

What I have instead is a PEG tube in my stomach and a line from a pump connected to it. There is a bag connected to the pump full of a nutritional formula that provides my daily requirements.

I miss eating. I sometimes wonder what would have happened, knowing what I know now, if I turned down the radiation. Would my life have been shorter? I don't know and it doesn't matter now. I'm well into it.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

MadBomr101

Quote from: Randy on May 17, 2020, 02:14:57 PMI can't. I had radiation therapy several years ago on my neck. My throat has been closing up ever since. I can barely swallow liquids and eating is out of the question.

What I have instead is a PEG tube in my stomach and a line from a pump connected to it. There is a bag connected to the pump full of a nutritional formula that provides my daily requirements.

I miss eating. I sometimes wonder what would have happened, knowing what I know now, if I turned down the radiation. Would my life have been shorter? I don't know and it doesn't matter now. I'm well into it.

I'm sorry you're having to deal with all that. I'd offer to pray for you but we all know that's bullshit so I'll just wish you the best.
- Bomr

Randy

About two or three weeks ago I came across a picture of a cheeseburger with all sorts of trimmings. Oh the torture the gods (or lack thereof) must enjoy inflicting.

I get hungry a lot. If my nurse will ever show up (it's been over two weeks now) I'd like to mention this so that she can contact a nutritionist and maybe allow an increase in food intake. It will be more expensive since I'll have to pay for more of it every month but I think it is better than having this gnawing feeling in my stomach.