News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Ecurb's travels

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, November 27, 2019, 01:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

After Thanksgiving Dinner next Thursday, my 15-year-old grandson and I are having our first road trip, heading to Louisiana for 3 nights.  The second day we will make it to New Orleans and spend one night in Hotel Mazarin in the French Quarter.  I want to give him a taste of NOLA, so on our eating list is Galatoire's, Inn of the Two Sisters, and, of course, coffee and beignets at Cafe du Monde.  He will see Bourbon Street, the Mississippi River, the French Market, and maybe a voodoo museum, as well as hear some jazz.  Then, coming back we will take some back roads through Cajun country and maybe see the Tabasco factory at New Iberia. Some education, some bonding, and some fun.  I'm looking forward to it.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

We aren't disappointed that Ecurb didn't invite us.
Ye, we're nothing to him so why would he?
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

hermes2015

I heard a similar song sung by a street performer in Quebec. Even his voice sounded the same.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Recusant

Road trips rock. Happy trails and enjoy, Ecurb Noselrub:smokin cool:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Ecurb Noselrub

Ecurb Noselrub

Set out after Thanksgiving dinner  our 3 day road trip to NOLA. My grandson has his learners permit, so he drove all the way to our first destination, a Holiday Inn Express in Baytown, Texas. He did well in Houston traffic, driving through on the Interstate at night.  Tomorrow, we complete the drive to NOLA, where we will stay in the Hotel Mazarin in the French Quarter. We will have a full day in NOLA, then leave after lunch on Saturday and drive through Cajun Country - Thibodeaux, New Iberia, Breaux Bridge (where we will stay for the night).  Then, we will make our way home Sunday. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow. 

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Ecurb Noselrub

Grandson Collin at our hotel in NOLA.

Ecurb Noselrub

The Mississippi River at Algiers point - half a mile wide, 160 feet deep.

Ecurb Noselrub

Collin about to step out on the town.

Ecurb Noselrub

Popi (me) about to step out with Collin.

Ecurb Noselrub

Galatoire's Restaurant on Bourbon Street.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from Tennessee Williams: "America has three cities - New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans.   Everything else is Cleveland".

I would add San Antonio and Boston, but otherwise, I understand the sentiment.