News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

excellently use ful websites

Started by billy rubin, December 08, 2021, 12:01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

do we already have one of these?

if so this can go thrre

https://sebpearce.com/bullshit/

its a mechanical text generator that has a button you click to generate an entire page of new age bullshit. like this:

You must take a stand against bondage. Yes, it is possible to sabotage the things that can eliminate us, but not without growth on our side. Where there is materialism, interconnectedness cannot thrive.

^^^all i had todo was click. i occasionally participate in a forum elsewhere that has somebody who actually writes like this. almost impossible to get a straight answer to anything out of her.

but now i have the perfect response generator.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Dark Lightning

Funny! I also have the "disemvowel" (removes all the vowels) tool, which I learned about at Pharyngula many years ago. When some crank started causing trouble, PZ Myers would "disemvowel" their posts, as they made equal sense, either way.  :D

https://textmechanic.com/text-tools/obfuscation-tools/disemvowel-tool/

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

hermes2015

I usually do this type of sun and shadow simulation in Rhino 3D, but this tool is free. One can even import one's own model of a house or other object to simulate shadows. I can see that it would be useful to work out the dimensions and positioning of awnings and sun shades. Here is the link to the tool:

http://andrewmarsh.com/apps/staging/sunpath3d.html

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Icarus

^^ The Masorete monks,about 600 CE, near the sea of Galilee, were translating scriptures from the Aramaic languages. That would have been a tedious job because Aramaic scrolls at that time contained very few vowels. The belief is that they continued for 200 years.

Thier texts became a partial source for the eventual KJV.   

billy rubin

that is cool. im still trying to figure it out. the path of the sun is depicted as a trace along the surface of a sphere, with a complementary trace below . . .

what is th epurpose of the lower trace?

is the idea to show the difference between the solar traces on two different dates?

this is an important thing to do when installing passive solar, like figuring out how long an overhang you want on your porch to shade the summer and sun the winter . the greeks had laws regulating this.

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on August 22, 2022, 12:41:37 AMthat is cool. im still trying to figure it out. the path of the sun is depicted as a trace along the surface of a sphere, with a complementary trace below . . .

what is th epurpose of the lower trace?

is the idea to show the difference between the solar traces on two different dates?

this is an important thing to do when installing passive solar, like figuring out how long an overhang you want on your porch to shade the summer and sun the winter . the greeks had laws regulating this.

The upper and lower traces show the extremes of altitude of the sun in different months during the year at a certain time of day.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Quote from: Icarus on August 21, 2022, 11:47:04 PM^^ The Masorete monks,about 600 CE, near the sea of Galilee, were translating scriptures from the Aramaic languages. That would have been a tedious job because Aramaic scrolls at that time contained very few vowels. The belief is that they continued for 200 years.

Thier texts became a partial source for the eventual KJV.   

Aramaic is still spoken in parts of the Middle East.
― Charles Eames