News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Re: Post YouTube videos that don't suck!

Started by Buddy, October 27, 2012, 08:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeactor

Quote from: Recusant on June 27, 2016, 10:35:07 PM
Gonna have to send them in for regrooving.

Ha! Loves me some Firesign...

I'm connected to Phil Proctor on FB ;-)

Essie Mae

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 25, 2016, 03:46:55 PM

Gor blimey. Conservative Christian to liberal atheist after 50 years - my right amigdala must have shrunk at the same time as my anterior cingulate gurus grew. 
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Buddy

Trying to decide if it's worth getting yelled at by old people by posting this on Facebook for July 4th

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Davin

I think you should have posted that. It's an awesome song.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Icarus

Here is a 19 minute vid worth watching if you are interested in probable historical tidbits with respect to the Jesus myth. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlFaVvWlkz8

Icarus

Icarus, the ancient one, is clearly not up to speed with the more modern, astute, and aware of my HAF friends. Nonetheless I have stumbled upon a fun series that you may or may not have enjoyed. I refer to "Full Frontal" with the wry comediene Samantha Bee.  Dial up Youtube and access Samantha Bee.  She is a hoot and on our side. Here is a starter....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bvl6spBVEc

joeactor

Quote from: Icarus on July 09, 2016, 01:30:34 AM
Icarus, the ancient one, is clearly not up to speed with the more modern, astute, and aware of my HAF friends. Nonetheless I have stumbled upon a fun series that you may or may not have enjoyed. I refer to "Full Frontal" with the wry comediene Samantha Bee.  Dial up Youtube and access Samantha Bee.  She is a hoot and on our side. Here is a starter....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bvl6spBVEc

Good one - Samantha Bee's da bomb!

Icarus

Here is a vid that Americans will think semi humorous and the Brits might think an honor to their language quirks.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOWCnMwBJL0

Dave

:lol:

It's usually a Brit/tish accent when they need a really snidey evil bugger as well. Brits do haughter and sarcasm much better than Yanks! Unless they are members of old, still part British in attitude, long established New England families.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

joeactor

Quote from: Icarus on July 15, 2016, 03:20:39 AM
Here is a vid that Americans will think semi humorous and the Brits might think an honor to their language quirks.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOWCnMwBJL0

Spot on!

Having (or putting on) an accent can be a big advantage as an actor. Don't care why... as long as the check clears ;-)

Magdalena

I just love the British accent. I am, and have been in love with Sean Connery ever since I was a little girl. My kids know I have a crush on him, my man with whom I've been with for 14.5 years knows I have "a thing" for Sir Sean Connery. He refers to him as, "Your boyfriend."

His voice! His accent! His looks! OMG! I can only imagine OldGit's accent! If I met Tank, Crow, Claire, Gloucester, Hardvark, Essie Mae, and all the British people here...This would be my face:

Edit: Changed 15 to 14.
(My mistake, sorry.)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

joeactor

Quote from: Magdalena on July 16, 2016, 06:44:35 AM
I just love the British accent. I am, and have been in love with Sean Connery ever since I was a little girl. My kids know I have a crush on him, my man with whom I've been with for 15.5 years knows I have "a thing" for Sir Sean Connery. He refers to him as, "Your boyfriend."

You might get a kick out of a little project I did a few years back:
https://pigtones.com/sean-connery-best-007-ever/

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Magdalena on July 16, 2016, 06:44:35 AM
I just love the British accent. I am, and have been in love with Sean Connery ever since I was a little girl. My kids know I have a crush on him, my man with whom I've been with for 15.5 years knows I have "a thing" for Sir Sean Connery. He refers to him as, "Your boyfriend."

His voice! His accent! His looks! OMG! I can only imagine OldGit's accent! If I met Tank, Crow, Claire, Gloucester, Hardvark, Essie Mae, and all the British people here...This would be my face:

The British Accent
Sean is Scottish, you'd probably have to include Irish even if they don't want to be, there's Cockneys and Northerners and the people that talk like pirates, and John Cale is Welsh or so says Wiki.  I've known a couple of assholes whose Brit accents I have found particularly grating.  Richard Burton was Welsh but didn't talk like John Cale but if I talked like Richard Burton I might of had a chance with Elizabeth Taylor.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Magdalena

^^^
I don't know anyone from the UK, so I don't know how they really sound, or what areas they're representing in the movies. So let's just say that I like the accent of anyone who was born here: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.  ;)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.