News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

Well, to be fair, that's the way the US legislature has been for many decades. I remember my Poli Sci prof railing about it in the late '70s. Things like Moscow Mitch, as Senate majority leader, scuttling Obama's selection of a new judge for SCOTUS is a case in point. I truly hope that the current nominee makes it past those republican jackasses. I also truly wish that Biden hadn't said he's nominate a woman of color to the SCOTUS. I have exactly zero problem with her, but saying he'd do that when running for office just raised the hackles of the jackass republicans, right off the bat.

billy rubin

public cynicism is part of american politics.

they dont get punished for hypocrisy

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Biggus Dickus

Trump is so dumb he thought Roe vs Wade was a decision Washington had to make when crossing the Delaware!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Icarus

Quote from: Bluenose on March 23, 2022, 02:15:38 AM
Quote from: Tom62 on March 22, 2022, 08:51:27 PM
Trump is horrible communicator, a loose cannon with a dreadful personality. Most moderate conservatives knew that in 2016, but tolerated him because he was a better choice than Hillary Clinton by a small margin. Obama on the other hand was an excellent, well spoken, charming person, but a rather mediocre president. Still better than Bush Jr., the mass murdering war criminal but not coming close to someone like Bill Clinton.

From this side of the Pacific I would say that Obama was only mediocre because the GOP had control of the senate and would not allow him to succeed and then claimed he had failed on his agenda  The hypocracy of that never ceases to amaze me.

I have been angry about the Republicans doing everything possible to derail any thing that Obama proposed.  Why the GOP people would do that, often detrimental to their own best interests, defies logic.

billy rubin

they have ceased to be rational.

the modern republicans are a tribe of crackpots, cynics, and racists, driven by grievance and culture clash.

the ones who are not tolerate and use the ones who are

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tom62

Quote from: Icarus on April 01, 2022, 05:00:12 AM
Quote from: Bluenose on March 23, 2022, 02:15:38 AM
Quote from: Tom62 on March 22, 2022, 08:51:27 PM
Trump is horrible communicator, a loose cannon with a dreadful personality. Most moderate conservatives knew that in 2016, but tolerated him because he was a better choice than Hillary Clinton by a small margin. Obama on the other hand was an excellent, well spoken, charming person, but a rather mediocre president. Still better than Bush Jr., the mass murdering war criminal but not coming close to someone like Bill Clinton.

From this side of the Pacific I would say that Obama was only mediocre because the GOP had control of the senate and would not allow him to succeed and then claimed he had failed on his agenda  The hypocracy of that never ceases to amaze me.

I have been angry about the Republicans doing everything possible to derail any thing that Obama proposed.  Why the GOP people would do that, often detrimental to their own best interests, defies logic.

Could you give me some examples? I'm mainly familiar with Obama's foreign policies (which were pretty bad in general) and his struggles to get "Obama Care" off the ground (not surprisingly either). 
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tom62

Quote from: billy rubin on April 01, 2022, 03:28:47 PM

the modern republicans are a tribe of crackpots, cynics, and racists, driven by grievance and culture clash.

They seem to make more sense than the democrats to me. 
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

billy rubin

Quote from: Tom62 on April 01, 2022, 03:41:07 PM

you will not finding me supporting the democrats.

the difference is in the level of cynicism and the willingness to hurt people. while republicans and democrats are equally bound to the whims of their respective electorates, the republicans rar and away excell in functional malevolence to those who disagree.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: billy rubin on April 01, 2022, 07:45:41 PM

you will not finding me supporting the democrats.

the difference is in the level of cynicism and the willingness to hurt people. while republicans and democrats are equally bound to the whims of their respective electorates, the republicans rar and away excell in functional malevolence to those who disagree.

Yup.

Recusant

Try this on for size. DeSantis is one of the prominent Republican up-and-comers who would like to take the golden throne from the once and future president. You think he is joking ?

I was going to post this in the "Dominionists" thread, but maybe you wouldn't see it there.

"'Gird Your Loins for Battle–Put on the Full Armor of God': DeSantis Running as a Biblical Anti-LGBTQ Warrior" | New Civil Rights Movement

QuoteFlorida Republican Governor Ron DeSantis appears to be using the "Don't Say Gay" legislation he signed into law with barely any notice Monday as the new flag of his bible-based anti-LGBTQ re-election campaign.

"Gird your loins for battle. We are going to fight. You put on the full armor of God," the Florida Republican running for re-election says in a video posted to social media this week, with the state flag behind him and a poster reading, "Keep Florida Free."

"You take a stand against the Left's schemes. Yeah, you're gonna face flaming arrows, but if you stand for truth, you and we will prevail."

Former federal prosecutor Ron Filipkowski weighed in, saying: "Desantis gets sexual and biblical on the campaign trail."

The full biblical reference makes DeSantis' remarks even more disturbing. They come from Ephesians 6:11-18, which mentions the devil and the spiritual forces of evil, It reads in part:

"Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. ... In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."

[Continues . . .]
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

No one

The only good politician, is a dead one. (And even then, I'm not so sure.)

billy rubin

billy rubin

rich people teling poor people that the way to ensure fiscal stability is for poor people to get poorer just makes my stomach turn.

Icarus

Hillary was not wrong when she used the word: deplorables.   She got the description right but not the political expediency.

My description of DeSantis includes words such as scurrilous, miserable, phony, lying conniving MFer, and a several other non-complimentary adjectives and nouns. SED also comes to mind (shit eating dog)