News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Are our Governments and Drug Cartels the same entities?

Started by Gnostic Christian Bishop, December 12, 2021, 06:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Are our Governments and Drug Cartels the same entities?

Other than Governments, who has the power to run the world's drugs cartels, and have it's kingpins to never get caught?

I can think of no one capable of such a feat, other than our own governments.

You?

Regards
DL

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tom62

Not really. Running drug cartels require a certain level of competence, management skills and ruthlessness. Apart from the latter one, these attributes are hard to find in governments.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

No one

Yes.

When I file my taxes, I always opt for my return in magic mushrooms.

Old Seer

I'd say so, but hard to prove. I recall when on the USMC forum , The few, Marines on the form that were agents on the Mexican border during the Bush war on drugs were instructed to let certain trucks pass without inspection. And as they informed, it was a matter of eliminating the competition. One can safely bet that if government is in the drug trade It would be certain agencies, and those would be protected as classified information.
Now there's thousands of illegals being let into the US via the Mexican border and drug cartels bring in all they can carry with little or no effort to stop the incoming. So, if government isn't going to take proper measures to put enough agents on the border one can assume that government is willfully involved in the drug and people trafficking business. 
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

Magdalena

^^^
I don't know, but...
"Assumption is the mother of all fuckups."
--Steven Seagal

(And please don't refer to people as "illegals." No human being is illegal. Or compare them to an unwanted and harmful substance.)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Old Seer

Quote from: Magdalena on December 13, 2021, 04:19:41 PM
^^^
I don't know, but...
--Steven Seagal

(And please don't refer to people as "illegals." No human being is illegal. Or compare them to an unwanted and harmful substance.)
I understand your political persuasions. Crossing the border into Mexico or Canada without their permission, one would be arrested for illegal entry. I know for certain--I have friends from Canada at Quartzsite AZ for the winter. They could not cross into the US without proper ID and etc. If they came across without they would be illegal. I also have friends that stay at Quartzsite and enter Mexico at Yuma for a few days and return. They cannot enter without permission. If so. they would be illegal in Mexico. Is that not the case. I'm all for your idea of no borders. I do not have any belief in civilization  (as I've expressed here several times)  but that creates borders. Without borders there cannot be civilizations. As I see it, you may want to keep civilization without borders---you can't.
There will come a day/time when all civilizations have passed away and I can see that very plainly.  Legal and illegal is created by civilization, without it we'd all be killing each other. What you might want is selective legality, but that won't work any better then civilization as it is. Of course you don't want people to kill each other, but if one of you did kill, would you want it to be legal or illegal. Is a person who kills another retained as a human. If so, we can kill anyone we want because as you say, no human is illegal. How would one OK killing without legality determinations. Civilization cannot be had partially, it's all or nothing. How would living together in peace be possible without civilization. But as can be seen we still have wars and public upheavals. While we can have physical peace, we cannot but for short periods of time have peace of mind.  :)
In addition: The mission of the Old Seers is to remove civilization and all borders. The question comes about---how do we live in peace without civilization/borders and claimed territory.
If you will search , goto Plato's cave allegory. It'll show what we Old Seers are up against.
I'm not a Theist.

Magdalena

Quote from: Old Seer on December 13, 2021, 06:04:46 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on December 13, 2021, 04:19:41 PM
^^^
I don't know, but...
--Steven Seagal

I understand your political persuasions. Crossing the border into Mexico or Canada without their permission, one would be arrested for illegal entry. I know for certain--I have friends from Canada at Quartzsite AZ for the winter. They could not cross into the US without proper ID and etc. If they came across without they would be illegal. I also have friends that stay at Quartzsite and enter Mexico at Yuma for a few days and return. They cannot enter without permission. If so. they would be illegal in Mexico. Is that not the case. I'm all for your idea of no borders. I do not have any belief in civilization  (as I've expressed here several times)  but that creates borders. Without borders there cannot be civilizations. As I see it, you may want to keep civilization without borders---you can't.
There will come a day/time when all civilizations have passed away and I can see that very plainly.  Legal and illegal is created by civilization, without it we'd all be killing each other. What you might want is selective legality, but that won't work any better then civilization as it is. Of course you don't want people to kill each other, but if one of you did kill, would you want it to be legal or illegal. Is a person who kills another retained as a human. If so, we can kill anyone we want because as you say, no human is illegal. How would one OK killing without legality determinations. Civilization cannot be had partially, it's all or nothing. How would living together in peace be possible without civilization. But as can be seen we still have wars and public upheavals. While we can have physical peace, we cannot but for short periods of time have peace of mind.  :)
The correct term is, undocumented, not illegal. And I never said anything about open borders.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Old Seer

I'm not a Theist.

Magdalena

Quote from: Old Seer on December 13, 2021, 07:26:32 PM
I won't respond other then to say we went off the Op
"WE, went off the Op."
We, sounds like a lot of people.
You did.
:smileshake:

billy rubin

i think its clear that the drug industry is encouraged by our current system for profit.

the war on drugs didnt stop drugs, it made drug cartel owners billionaires. it made our private prison system profitable. it provided black and brown people to buy the drugs and then fill the prisons.

it provides for a whole branch of government police forces to run the system and keep it going

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Old Seer

Quote from: Magdalena on December 13, 2021, 08:13:26 PM
Quote from: Old Seer on December 13, 2021, 07:26:32 PM
I won't respond other then to say we went off the Op
"WE, went off the Op."
We, sounds like a lot of people.
You did.
:smileshake:
You took it off at post 5.
I'm not a Theist.

Magdalena