News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

World's Greatest Stoners

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, September 16, 2021, 12:33:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Give your 5 greatest stoners in the world, man.

5. Willie Nelson
4. Snoop Dogg
3. Mags
2. Mags
1. MAGS

Dark Lightning

1. Hunter Thompson
2. Timothy Leary
3. Cheech Marin
4. Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers (counts for 3, so I went over)

No one

I) Smokey the Bear
B) Towelie
3) Moses
Uh.............what?
I'm hungry.

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on September 16, 2021, 12:33:54 AM
Give your 5 greatest stoners in the world, man.

5. Willie Nelson
4. Snoop Dogg
3. Mags
2. Mags
1. MAGS

a. Me
2. My man...
IV. And I.

3. Willie Nelson
D. Snoop Dogg

;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

This is a fitting song for this thread,...and some of us others here in the world.

Here are the lyrics.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I learning to play and sing this song on my guitar, maybe I'l post it here later...
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Icarus

^ Some good banjo licks in that song.

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

I'm pretty sure Hector Berlioz was stoned when he wrote this.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Hmmm...World's Greatest Stoners?
Besides My Magic Man, I would say, Carl Sagan.  :)
https://bigthink.com/health/carl-sagan-on-smoking-marijuana/
Quote...
Why did Carl Sagan write an essay on weed?

In an essay written for the 1971 book Marihuana Reconsidered, Dr. Sagan, writing under the pseudonym "Mr. X" described his history of marijuana use and how he thought it had been a positive force in his life. He wrote under a false name out of fear that he would negatively impact his career and reputation by writing such an article, and it was only after his death that we found out that he had written this essay.

The essay is too long to include here, but can be found in its entirety here or downloaded as a PDF (***)here. We'll focus on the major points he brings up.

(***)
https://highexistence.com/carl-sagans-profound-essay-on-why-cannabis-consciousness-is-desperately-needed-in-this-mad-and-dangerous-world/

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

Quote from: hermes2015 on September 21, 2021, 03:32:02 PM

ididnt know bernie sanders could conduct

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

Thank you Mags.  I had never considered that Sagan was into weed or other halucagenic (sp) substances.

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on September 22, 2021, 12:45:22 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on September 21, 2021, 03:32:02 PM

ididnt know bernie sanders could conduct

Only when struck by lightning.
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on September 22, 2021, 12:45:54 AM
Thank you Mags.  I had never considered that Sagan was into weed or other halucagenic (sp) substances.
:boaterhat:
Me neither.