News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Dominionists in the United States

Started by Recusant, April 14, 2019, 02:50:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Quote from: Icarus on January 15, 2021, 02:09:51 AM
If this is an accurate accounting then we are in more trouble that we first imagined,,,,,,,,,

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/11/military-right-wing-extremism-457861

As the article mentioned, the Pentagon is aware of the issue and has taken measures to deal with it. About a year ago I spoke with a high-ranking officer in the Air Force and brought up the issue. He said basically the same thing. However, the lack of accurate data is certainly problematic, and I hope they're more proactive about it going forward.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Icarus

Roaming around on you tube, I encountered this advertisement at several different places.  It is all about how badly we need concealed, quick draw, holsters for our pistols.  What the hell is my country coming to?

https://dinosaurized.com/pages/praetorian-shoulder-holster-yt?gclid=CjwKCAiAl4WABhAJEiwATUnEFyMrYtngbkYWiLLaibTIXYv7bz9SFakOGyd9vmf5P0ySCzvqV6-AXRoC3l4QAvD_BwE

Recusant

A minor setback for Christofascists. I think we can be sure that Pompeo's formulation won't be forgotten, though.

"Blinken rejects Pompeo's human rights rankings in rollout of global report" | Politico

QuoteSecretary of State Antony Blinken on Tuesday rejected his predecessor's efforts to create a ranking of human rights as he unveiled the State Department's annual global report on the topic.

Blinken didn't utter former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo's name, but it was clear whom he was referring to when he said, "There is no hierarchy that makes some rights more important than others."

During his time as the nation's top diplomat, Pompeo set up the "Commission on Unalienable Rights," which issued a report that helped him argue in favor of the notion that some rights are more important than others. In particular, Pompeo claimed that religious freedom and property rights were the "foremost" rights.

Many human rights scholars chided Pompeo, saying that having a hierarchy of rights could ultimately lead to efforts to erode the rights of certain groups, like women and LGBTQI people, by saying they simply mattered less.

[Continues . . .]
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Recusant

This is apparently intended to serve as a means to get the US Supreme Court to rule in favor of teaching Creationism as science. It's not an outlandish plan, given recent appointments of Supreme Court justices who prioritize religious rights.

"Creationism can be taught as science in Arkansas classrooms, lawmakers say" | Arkansas Times

QuoteA bill to allow Christian beliefs to be taught in Arkansas classrooms easily passed the state House Wednesday. House Bill 1701 now heads to the Senate side for a vote.

The bill will allow kindergarten through 12th grade teachers to teach students about the Christian theory of creationism, which claims that a divine being conjured the universe and all things in it in six days. The bill specifies that creationism can be taught not only in religion and philosophy classes, but "as a theory of how the Earth came to exist."

As with so many pieces of legislation churning out of the Arkansas Capitol this session, if HB 1701 passes, a quick court challenge on this blatant mixing of church and state is all but inevitable. The United States Supreme Court already considered this issue in 1987 and ruled in no uncertain terms that teaching creationism in public school classrooms is unconstitutional. But blatant unconstitutionality hasn't dissuaded Arkansas lawmakers so far this session. One Senate bill that passed recently, for example, declared all federal gun laws null and void within our state's borders, in clear opposition to the Supremacy Clause that says federal laws take precedence over state laws.

[. . .]

"Why would we do this when the Supreme Court has repeatedly ruled that it's illegal to do that," asked Rep. Deborah Ferguson (D-West Memphis). Ferguson pointed out that Arkansas has been down this road before in 1982 when state lawmakers tried to force creationism into the state's curriculum. U.S. District Judge William Overton put a stop to it with his ruling in McLean v. Arkansas Board of Education.

[Rep. Mary] Bentley [R-Perryville, sponsor of the bill] told Ferguson she believes the Supreme Court might rule differently this time.

[Link to full article.]
— H. L. Mencken

Icarus

Not all the Okies and Arkies are as dumb as a basket of rocks........ Unfortunately, It appears that the ones elected to political office are, might we say; intellectually challenged ?   Not their fault of course.......  Too many of their ancestors  had been banging their cousins and/or sisters.

Randy

Quote from: Icarus on April 19, 2021, 12:52:16 AM
Not all the Okies and Arkies are as dumb as a basket of rocks........ Unfortunately, It appears that the ones elected to political office are, might we say; intellectually challenged ?   Not their fault of course.......  Too many of their ancestors  had been banging their cousins and/or sisters.
So you're saying a basket is mentally challenged? I've not met many intelligent rocks although there have been one or two.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

billy rubin

lol

i are an okie

born in the deepest blackest center of tornado alley

my folks have been in oklahoma since that murderous bastard andrew jackson walked them there in the 1830s.

still, i also am surprised at how stupid the politicians are. not everybody there is a moron, but too many work hard at it

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: billy rubin on April 20, 2021, 02:12:46 AM

lol

i are an okie

born in the deepest blackest center of tornado alley

my folks have been in oklahoma since that murderous bastard andrew jackson walked them there in the 1830s.

still, i also am surprised at how stupid the politicians are. not everybody there is a moron, but too many work hard at it

Okies have been stealing our best football players for years.  I say we ought to build the wall around OK, not on the Rio Grande.  But Tulsa is OK.

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Ecurb Noselrub

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

Damned Okies are trying to recruit our Florida high school football stars. Alabama too!

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub