News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Disney+

Started by xSilverPhinx, January 20, 2021, 11:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Anyone else subscribe to Disney Plus? My sister did and I urged her to give me her account details so I can watch some movies and series. :grin:

(:secrets1: Mostly because of The Mandalorian.)

I watched the Pixar animation Soul the other day. It wasn't as good as Coco (2017), I thought, but it was ok.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

Randy

When I was in the hospital last week all I could do was watch TV. I saw quite a few ads about an upcoming show on Disney+. I can't remember the name of it now. :(
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Dark Lightning

I think that the Disney Corporation sucks channel water, and when I end up in the hospital, I'm pretty sure that I'm too sick to watch the frigging TV. YMMV.

Randy

Well, the hospital staff won't let me sleep. They interrupt me every few minutes it seems for one reason or another. I never can watch an episode or movie of anything with the constant interruptions. But I try both.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

No one

The constant poking and proding is especially delightful, isn't it? That, coupled with the inability to get even a moment's rest makes for some super funtastic times.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on January 21, 2021, 01:31:06 AM
https://youtu.be/UHgY7LIiaSM

:sshocked: That's a major spoiler you put there!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on January 21, 2021, 01:45:40 AM
When I was in the hospital last week all I could do was watch TV. I saw quite a few ads about an upcoming show on Disney+. I can't remember the name of it now. :(

You like superhero movies, right? Was it WandaVision? :notsure:

Randy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 21, 2021, 11:26:37 PM

That was it!!! I don't have Disney+ but would like to give that show a chance. I may not like it. I don't watch every superhero movie or series that comes out. It has to grab my attention first. This one does for some reason. You're the neurological expert. Maybe you can explain it to me. :grin:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on January 22, 2021, 12:48:29 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 21, 2021, 11:26:37 PM

That was it!!! I don't have Disney+ but would like to give that show a chance. I may not like it. I don't watch every superhero movie or series that comes out. It has to grab my attention first. This one does for some reason. You're the neurological expert. Maybe you can explain it to me. :grin:

Heh, I can't explain why because I don't know why it caught your attention. It's a complex question, with so many possibilities as answers. :P I watched the trailer again and it looks intriguing...it caught my attention as well because it had different feel to it. :grin:

Tom62

The only show on Disney+ that interested me was the Mandalorian. Now that they fired the main female lead, so I'll stick to Netflix. I don't respect any company that gives into the cancel culture mob. I'm not endorsing what Gina Carano posted on social media, but the way she was treated was simply disgusting.

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Quote from: Tom62 on February 18, 2021, 06:45:41 AM
The only show on Disney+ that interested me was the Mandalorian. Now that they fired the main female lead, so I'll stick to Netflix. I don't respect any company that gives into the cancel culture mob. I'm not endorsing what Gina Carano posted on social media, but the way she was treated was simply disgusting.

I had no idea about this. As you say publicly she wasn't my cup of tea but she shouldn't lose her job for being a prat IMO. However did her celebraty give her a platform?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tom62 on February 18, 2021, 06:45:41 AM

I don't know what to think of this yet. Gina Carano was an insensitive jerk on social media but the jury's out on whether she should have been pulled from the show for airing her impopular opinions. Disney is, obviously, a business first and will cater to the majority opinion in order for the cash to keep flowing in. There's nothing noble on their side for firing Carano.

Given this, I do think she was stupid though, if she keeping her job was something she wanted. She should have seen it coming. She's probably done as an actress. If she did and just didn't care, it seems just as pointless as a self-promotion and marketing ploy. IMO this whole thing will be forgotten in a couple of years and all her antics would have been for nothing. No one stays a martyr for long, and she will fade from the public eye.

I also highly doubt most of the #canceldisneyplus crowd will actually cancel their subscription. Most just seem like an over-zealous angry mob, but what the heck.

Tank

I won't subscribe to Disney+ in the first place.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tom62

She had to find out via social media that they fired her. That is rally bad. Disney didn't have the guts to inform her directly. Some of her social media comments were indeed cringeworthy, but not malicious. I think you should not be fired for having conservative opinions, even if these are not loved by liberals (or in general). Anyway, Disney is now receiving a big backlash, because lots of people are cancelling their Disney+ subscriptions.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein