News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

This is serious. This is real. Mubarak Bala

Started by Tank, April 29, 2020, 07:03:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

It's 218 days now. And he's still in detention. But he has spoken to his wife on the phone so we know he's still alive.

But this has just happened US university appoints Kano governor, Ganduje, visiting professor

This is the arsehole ultimately responsible for the abduction of Mubarak Bala  >:(
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on December 02, 2020, 02:05:30 PM
It's 218 days now. And he's still in detention. But he has spoken to his wife on the phone so we know he's still alive.

But this has just happened US university appoints Kano governor, Ganduje, visiting professor

This is the arsehole ultimately responsible for the abduction of Mubarak Bala  >:(

:wtf:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 02, 2020, 08:08:32 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 02, 2020, 02:05:30 PM

:wtf:

Exactly.

Recusant

It's good to hear that Mubarak Bala still survives.

A public university in North Carolina. Not that surprising these days--government suppression of atheism is hardly a big concern in that part of the world--they're more likely to be worried about "religious freedom."
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

Today, 21st Dec 2020, the Federal High Court in Abuja Nigeria issued a court order for the immediate release of Mubarak Bala and issued a compensation order against the Kano police for his false imprisonment. There is no news of his actual release at this moment.

Ecurb Noselrub

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 21, 2020, 05:19:31 PM
That's good news.

Yes it is. Still no word of his actual release. But they will probably move him to a safer place before release. There are thousands of Muslims that have stated they will kill him if they get the chance.

Tank

On the 28th of April 2021 Mubarak Bala will have been in prison for a year. Just saying in case anybody was interested.

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

These are the people holding Mubarak Bala.

Kano State Police

If you have a Facebook profile and wish to put pressure on them to release him this is one place to do it.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Quote from: Magdalena on April 08, 2021, 09:17:35 PM
I admire your dedication, Chris.

Thank you. My wife would call it pig headed stubborn :grin:

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on April 08, 2021, 09:21:21 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 08, 2021, 09:17:35 PM
I admire your dedication, Chris.

Thank you. My wife would call it pig headed stubborn :grin:
Well, either way, Mubarak Bala is lucky to have you as a friend.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

^^^
:picard facepalm: I just remembered something. The last time I gave you a compliment Siz posted this:  :mwah!:

:eyeroll:
Chingado Satanico envidioso.