News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Banksy Working From Home

Started by Recusant, April 17, 2020, 08:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Hat tip to Lark for this.  :boaterhat:

"Coronavirus: Banksy makes 'bathroom' lockdown art" | BBC

Image Credit: Banksy

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Good and proper artist, the artist is.

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Asmodean on April 17, 2020, 09:35:46 PM
Good and proper artist, the artist is.

Yes he is, I admire his work immensely.

He graced us in Detroit with some work, the most famous is this one which he did at the old abandoned Packard Plant:

However. This one should appeal to you Asmo.
It's titled "Tightrope Rat"

The chain tightrope that the rat is appears to be walking on is an actual chain, it isn't part of the painting.

Here's a close-up that shows the gold glitter, star shaped glasses that the Tightrope Rat is wearing.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean

Yep. One does have to appreciate artistic talent being applied to that most important matter of ratties.

Asmo's perfect creatures, they are. He needs to get Him a couple again. Just better that way.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on April 21, 2020, 08:54:21 PM
Yep. One does have to appreciate artistic talent being applied to that most important matter of ratties.

Asmo's perfect creatures, they are. He needs to get Him a couple again. Just better that way.

I've been wanting to get a couple of rats as well.  ;D

(As pets, not minions.)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Recusant

Perhaps most have already seen this, but it should be in this thread.

"New Banksy Artwork Unveiled at U.K. Hospital, Pays Tribute to Health Workers" | TIME

QuoteA new work by the elusive street artist Banksy, honoring health workers, has been unveiled at a British hospital.

The framed picture, titled "Game Changer," depicts a young boy sitting on the floor playing with a nurse superhero toy. Batman and Spiderman action figure toys lie in a wastepaper basket next to the boy.

The nurse figure, complete with a cape and a face mask, wears an apron featuring a red cross — the only spot of color in the black-and-white work. The piece was placed on display in a corridor at Southampton General Hospital in southern England on Wednesday [May 6].

[. . .]

The artwork will be auctioned at a later date to raise money for national health charities, a spokeswoman for Banksy said.

[Link to full article.]
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

We actually don't know whether Banksy is a man or a woman. Do we?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

Banksy is marvelously skilled with a pencil or pen or whatever the instrument might be.  He /She has a keen sense of humor as well as pictorial admiration for those women and men who are trying to keep us alive.

Observe that I have capitalized two pronouns out of respect for that artist.

hermes2015

Quote from: Icarus on May 13, 2020, 12:10:20 AM
Banksy is marvelously skilled with a pencil or pen or whatever the instrument might be.  He /She has a keen sense of humor as well as pictorial admiration for those women and men who are trying to keep us alive.

Observe that I have capitalized two pronouns out of respect for that artist.

I am reminded of Norman Rockwell's brilliant illustrations when I see some of Banksy's equally skillful graphics.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

i agree

rockwell is famous for his wry and sometimes sentimental portrayals of american people. but his art had an edge when he was motivated that he doesn't often get credit for

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Recusant

Rats in the Tube. (Another hat-tip to Lark, here.  :toff: )

"Banksy: New coronavirus-inspired artwork appears on Tube" | BBC

QuoteBanksy has returned to the London Underground with a piece encouraging people to wear a face mask.

A video posted on his Instagram page shows a man, believed to be the enigmatic artist, disguised as a professional cleaner.

He can been seen ordering passengers away as he gets to work, stencilling rats around the inside of a carriage.

Transport for London (TfL) said the art was removed "some days ago" in line with its "strict anti-graffiti policy".

The work, called If You Don't Mask, You Don't Get, features a number of rats in pandemic-inspired poses and wearing face masks.

One rodent stencilled on the Circle Line train appears to be sneezing, while another is shown spraying anti-bacterial gel.

The artist's name is also daubed across the driver's door of a train.

[Continues . . .]

— H. L. Mencken

MarcusA

Frankly, Banksy is a genius at what he does.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.