News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

As a simplistic measure of how happy you are with your life

Started by xSilverPhinx, November 24, 2020, 09:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

Quote from: Anne D. on November 28, 2020, 06:13:17 AM
I really loved Raising Arizona. Having never lived in Arizona, I'll have to trust you that it captured local culture perfectly, although I don't doubt it given the Coen brothers' talents. Are you a Fargo fan? I enjoyed both the movie and the TV series. The latest season is getting panned, but I think it's one of the better ones. I really didn't care for the one with Ewan MacGregor even though I like him a lot as an actor.

im instantly out of my depth. i ve never seen any fargo episodes or the movie.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Anne D.

Quote from: billy rubin on November 28, 2020, 02:40:35 PM
Quote from: Anne D. on November 28, 2020, 06:13:17 AM
I really loved Raising Arizona. Having never lived in Arizona, I'll have to trust you that it captured local culture perfectly, although I don't doubt it given the Coen brothers' talents. Are you a Fargo fan? I enjoyed both the movie and the TV series. The latest season is getting panned, but I think it's one of the better ones. I really didn't care for the one with Ewan MacGregor even though I like him a lot as an actor.

im instantly out of my depth. i ve never seen any fargo episodes or the movie.

Check them out. If you liked Raising AZ's quirkiness, you'll like Fargo.

Ecurb Noselrub

There are a dozen or so things I'm ashamed of. Otherwise, I've lived a pretty good life.

billy rubin

Quote from: Anne D. on November 28, 2020, 06:18:22 PM

lol. im afraid i dont do television things anymore. i dont know how they work.

maybe ill get a teenager to turn it on

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: billy rubin on November 28, 2020, 11:46:21 PM
Quote from: Anne D. on November 28, 2020, 06:18:22 PM

lol. im afraid i dont do television things anymore. i dont know how they work.

maybe ill get a teenager to turn it on

First you need to summon a demon who knows everything there is to know about lousy reality shows.  :cauldron: Chant the following into the keyhole of your front door:

Kim Kardashian! Kim Kardashian! Kim Kardashian!

A reality tv demon should appear almost instantly. :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

billy rubin

Davin

It's difficult to answer the OP question for me.

I think things I would definitely change is trying to get my personal project shit together much sooner. I'd also do my finances better.

Considering where I am though, I'd try not to change anything that would affect the other areas of my life.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Davin on December 02, 2020, 06:05:51 PM
It's difficult to answer the OP question for me.

I'm also finding it more difficult than I previously thought. My answer is fluid.  :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Harmonie

I'd most definitely go back and change things! Like there's countless things! The most important being me taking better care of myself in those first couple of years post-high school. I'd give anything to go back and fix that. It has set my life on a very weird, slow track and I'm also suspecting that it was a part of the reason that my ex-girlfriend whom I loved so dearly dumped me (not the fact that I had medical issues, but the fact that I couldn't drive and be independent enough).

I'd also love to go back and change how my recent health issues were handled, because that has been another huge dark cloud over me for nearly three years now and if you didn't notice, I didn't need another one of those.

Otherwise there are certainly some things I would have done differently with my ex-girlfriend. Mistakes I shouldn't have made. Mistakes I never even got to apologize for. Oooh I hate myself sooo much for those stupid mistakes. In reality, they were minuscule (which is why I was able to make them) but the way she is, and the way she opened up to me so much it was HUGE.

Okay, enough about her, though! I'm okay! The love of my life may be long gone, but... I'm fine! I'm over her! (Actually I seriously am. Lol I'm being a drama queen here)

Another thing is I'd change how I treated people when I was in high school. I was hard to get along with, both online and IRL. I stirred all kinds of trouble, I was a spoiled brat, I was closed-minded to forms of media I was ignorant of, and I just treated people badly in general.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Davin

Quote from: Harmonie on December 04, 2020, 02:17:08 PM
Another thing is I'd change how I treated people when I was in high school. I was hard to get along with, both online and IRL. I stirred all kinds of trouble, I was a spoiled brat, I was closed-minded to forms of media I was ignorant of, and I just treated people badly in general.
I feel you a lot there.

The issue I have with my history though, is that the feelings of guilt and embarrassment I have when I remember them, affects how I act now. Hurting people then was terrible, even if it was minor harm, which helps me be less of an asshole now. I didn't think I was the asshole back then when I was doing that shit, that comes from looking back. And I think that without those events to look back on, I wouldn't have grown.

I apologize to those that I can, but I think that going back and changing those actions would make the current me a worse person because I'd be pushing those life lessons further down the road. Which would mean that I'd be even less socially and morally developed than I am now.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.