News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Trump Supporter Disorder

Started by MadBomr101, April 23, 2020, 06:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

That colossal ass clown does have the aptitude to work a #2 pencil, much less anything as complicated as speech.

Asmodean

Quote from: MadBomr101 on April 25, 2020, 07:37:57 PM
No, it isn't remotely important because the lunacy isn't in any individual word, it's in the suggestion itself. Suggesting that we might want to try having disinfectants injected into out bodies as a medical solution along with getting sunlight inside us -- whatever the hell that means -- is the madness.
Why? (Bonus points for not using any information you have learned post-factum)

QuoteWhy would you get hung up on the semantics?
Because they are of importance when what the president actually, literally said is being misrepresented by changing a word here or omitting one there.

QuoteTrump, ostensibly a grown man with a college education, thinks we should be injected with scrubbing bubbles and sunbathe as a means of treating a global pandemic. This is the sort of thing you get when an addled mind goes off-script and starts spitballing the brainfarts that are crashing through his head at any given moment.
...And if you need an example of precisely what I described above, look no further. At this point it is no longer semantics, but straight-out misrepresentation. Does the president indeed think that "we" "should" be "injected with scrubbing bubbles?" Did he say that?

QuoteAfter the outrage hit, he went right to his default position of claiming he didn't mean it and that he was just being "sarcastic" which, as it always is, was his typical bullshit attempt to walk back yet another incredibly stupid thing he said.
And yet plenty of people who voted for him and shall again have not stabbed themselves with the needle the moment he said, how did you put it again..? "I think you should be injected with scrubbing bubbles."

QuoteDon't become a Trump apologist and try and find excuses for his incompetence and stupidity, just acknowledge he's unfit and needs to go.
I am not "finding excuses" for the president. He doesn't need me to defend him. I'm constructing arguments against your narrative, because it's flawed. Do better and I will probably agree with you.

Here's a short report that sums it up nicely.
Bad source.* (Appears to be a mass media channel. Does not list own sources.) although at least he didn't talk over the first seconds of the footage or the relevant bits later on. Those are important, are they not? Because either the president, as you put it, " thinks we should be injected with scrubbing bubbles and sunbathe as a means of treating a global pandemic," OR he thinks that maybe you can - maybe you can't. [because he's] not a doctor, and so he asks questions about it on live TV.

Do you honestly not see the factual difference between your statement about what the president said, and what he did say? Because he didn't call for consumer action here. At all. According to you, he did.

*The reporter here did not misrepresent what the president said - it's just a poor quality, edited source, when the actual footage is readily available.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tom62

What I heard Trump saying was, that he is not a doctor. I interprets that as, whatever Trump says next could be right or wrong. After that he wonders whether disinfectants or sunshine could have a positive effect and whether that should be investigated. I think that is a bad form of communication, because some people might misinterpreted these statements.   
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Asmodean

:this:

but then, Tom and I are notoriously-filthy alt-righters ;)

That goes straight to my first question, though. From my understanding, UV light works against microorganisms. Some sunlight is in the UV spectrum. So, does it not follow that 1+1=win? (I do have some intuitive understanding of why that isn't so, but how is the very posing of the question "madness?" If it's the arena in which it was asked that is "madness," then I disagree less, but that's not what was said.)
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

MadBomr101

Asmo: I had started doing a point by point rebuttal of your post but after about 10 mins decided that would be wordy and ultimately fruitless. You support Trump and many Trump people will not be persuaded by any argument. In that regard it's a lot like arguing with Xians about their faith and we all know how pointless that typically is. So instead I'll just agree to disagree with your choice and let it go at that.

Besides, your vote for Trump will be cancelled out by my vote for Joe freakin' Biden.
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

billy rubin

cnn is no friend of trump, but they posted both the statement he made to the press on thursday, and his retraction of it from friday. comparing his two speeches, he is clearly lying about the circumstances under which he claims he made the remarks sarcastically to a reporter. that isn't shown at all in the video of his actual speech, in which he directs all comments to birx, seriously, and suggesting that she told him they were going to test that, both UV and injecting disinfectant.

he turns to birx twice while talking about UV light and suggests, i think you said youre going to test that?

the UV wavelengths used for sterilizing surfaces (which was the origin of his  UV information, i seem to recall) are too bright to use on living tissue. trump was repeating a garbled version of some sterilization procedures from a briefing he didn't attend, and which was read to him quickly before the press conference, i have read elsewhere.

after referring to illuminating the body from inside with UV, or maybe with heat, he turned to birx and said

and then i see the disinfectnt, where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute. and is there a way we might do that, by injection, inside, or, almost a cleaning. becaue you see it gets in th elungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. so it would be interesting to check that. so youre going to have to use medicl doctors. but it sounds it sounds interesting to me.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/04/24/donald-trump-sunlight-disinfectant-walk-back-lies-cooper-sot-vpx.cnn

cnn is no mnore reliable about trump than is fox. they both represent ideological endpoints with axes to grind, and both slant their reporting to further it.

i usually start with AP, skim reuters and UPI, then look at both CNN and fox to try to get a handle on the real events. but in this case the tape is unequivocal. he was serious thursday, and lied about it friday.

today he gave a 22-minute speech to the reporters (instead of the usual two hours) and then left without taking questions, for the first time.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Asmodean

Quote from: MadBomr101 on April 25, 2020, 09:20:02 PM
Asmo: I had started doing a point by point rebuttal of your post but after about 10 mins decided that would be wordy and ultimately fruitless.
Fair enough.

QuoteYou support Trump and many Trump people will not be persuaded by any argument. In that regard it's a lot like arguing with Xians about their faith and we all know how pointless that typically is. So instead I'll just agree to disagree with your choice and let it go at that.
Actually, I do not support the president - nor do I oppose him, if for no other reason than the one provided in the response below. I find him... Adequate, as far as my own involvement is concerned. That said, this argument could be reversed with zero effort. I'm not the one pushing an agenda here, but rather responding to one. That said, I'm content with agreeing to disagree... Until next time. I simply cannot resist being baited by this variety of post - this, and identity politics. they call to me, and not in a good way.

Besides, your vote for Trump will be cancelled out by my vote for Joe freakin' Biden.
Nope. He's not my president to vote for. I have a king ;)
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Icarus

A common reason for our collective disdain for Trump, is that he insults our intelligence so frequently and seriously.  He is plainly a nasty man who has problems with his social skills.

Here's the thing. He tells transparent lies and seems to expect us to believe them.  Legions of us are rightfully insulted by his clearly evident presumption that we are not bright enough to know the difference between truth and horse shit.   We may be gullible in many ways but Trump has to

billy rubin

i dont think he knows hes lying. i think once he says something he believes it himself. he rwritez the previous day  in his head every 24 hours

that book published about him duri g the meuller hearings explained that hos lawyers wouldnt let him testify because he was mentally not capable of telling the truth and would contradict himzf.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on April 26, 2020, 12:22:17 AM
... that hos lawyers wouldnt let him testify ...
I love your errors.
:lol:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

continued from above.........has to....improve his skills when telling bald faced and perfectly evident to the listener, damn lies. 

Then there is his behavior toward other people.  If he does not agree with the other person, that other person has a low IQ, or they are failing, or they eat shit with a dirty spoon.  Trump is famous for that sort of accusation against anyone who questions him.

Speaking of questioning............ During a press conference, if any reporter asks a question that Trump does not like or one for which he has no self agrandizing answer, he attacks the reporter and never answers the question. He is vicious toward the questioner telling him/her that they are dumb or incompetent or stupid.  Is it any wonder that a lot of the media people do not like the nasty man? 

How many of us can believe his claim that "I know more about ISIS than the generals"  He has also claimed to know more about drones than the people who build them.  He has proudly asserted, more than one time: "I am a stable genius".

There is much to dislike about this man.  His compulsive narcissism compels him to constantly remind us of how astoundingly wonderful, charitable, intelligent, influential, wealthy, incredibly popular, and compassionate that he is.

He is simply not a person that would be welcome at your bridge club, or your daughters graduation party. (especially not your daughters party  since he has made it clear that grabbing pussies is OK if you are a star like he is)   He is simply not the person that you want for a friend and for damned sure not for the leader of your nation. His constant claim that he is a superior individual has become less and less palatable.

If Rachael Maddow, Chris Hayes, Anderson Cooper, or any of the many other talking heads criticize or even ridicule him, He damned well deserves it.  He is a nasty man who has made some really dumb decisions about international relations, he has made some dumb and damaging decisions about international commerce, He has presided over a two trillion tax cut that predominantly advantages the wealthy.

"Promises made promises kept"  Bullshit that his acolytes spout  He promised the coal miners they would get their jobs back. He promised that his health care program, in the first year, would be "far better, and cost far less" than the evil Obama thing or the "failed" Medicare thing.

My president is a lying, personally offensive, braggart, ignorant, self serving pigfucker who has conned , and will continue to con some of the less sophisticated electorate. Problem is that the unsophisticated electorate constitutes a very large segment of my nations voting population.   

billy rubin

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Asmodean

OWN it, muh dude! fight the power!  ;D

So there is a bit of a "media storm" in all the predictable places over Mr. Trump saying;
Quote from: @realDonaldTrump on TwitterDespite reports to the contrary, Sweden is paying heavily for its decision not to lockdown. As of today, 2462 people have died there, a much higher number than the neighboring countries of Norway (207), Finland (206) or Denmark (443). The United States made the correct decision!

But they are paying the price for their early decisions! Their own bloody state epidemiologist admitted partial strategy failure* long ago, and their relative rate of deaths per confirmed case is, frankly, staggering when compared to the neighboring countries. Now that Donald Trump said, it, however, it simply must be wrong, and oh please, God, make it be wrong! Sometimes, the president is simply correct.

Well... At least our largest paper is keeping its ideological glasses in a drawer... Thus far.

*Source in Norwegian
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Icarus

We are in danger of having Trump reelected.  Perish the thought but that is a real possibility. Trump supporter disorder is an appropriate name for the mysterious inflexible support of a man whose words are seldom to be believed.

Here is an article from Scientific American magazine that explores the reasons that people believe "fake news".   This an easy read that has, I am pleased to say, reinforced the position that more than a few of our HAFers have entertained.  I will condense the article for you.....it goes like this.............. Ignorant...call it less sophisticated.... people are easily and almost permanently  brainwashed such that they believe in lies no matter the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes reality.

We could apply this line of thought to religion as well as to politics.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/cognitive-ability-and-vulnerability-to-fake-news?utm_source=pocket-newtab