News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Principal Proclivity: Procrastination Problem Persists

Started by xSilverPhinx, November 18, 2018, 08:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

It's been quite a week, but a productive one at least. :whew:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on December 10, 2018, 04:42:29 AM
The tough ones usually are.

That's for sure. Just pulled an all-nighter to meet a deadline. Today won't be a productive day.  :visit morpheus:

xSilverPhinx

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on December 17, 2018, 02:28:13 AM
You need someone to crack a whip for you.

Yeah, but it shouldn't have to be that way.  :( When I was just a tween one of my ambitions in life was to be a highly organised  and methodical grown up. :grin:

In fact, the fact that I'm not was one of the leading causes of my quarter-life crisis, which really hit hard.  ::)

Asmodean

I've been at the wrong end of a burnout... Did I talk about it here? I don't think I did.

In any case, what seems to do the trick in averting disaster, is switching to a completely different set of to-dos for a time. Of course, being able to do that depends on having a flexible enough and willing enough team around you, as it involves taking on some of their work in exchange for your own. Still, works wonders in slowing the perceived rhythm of the day right down to manageable levels, at least for me...
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on December 18, 2018, 12:56:25 PM
I've been at the wrong end of a burnout... Did I talk about it here? I don't think I did.

In any case, what seems to do the trick in averting disaster, is switching to a completely different set of to-dos for a time. Of course, being able to do that depends on having a flexible enough and willing enough team around you, as it involves taking on some of their work in exchange for your own. Still, works wonders in slowing the perceived rhythm of the day right down to manageable levels, at least for me...

:notsure: That's like balancing on the edge of a sword for me. If I switch to doing something else for a while, I procrastinate more. If I don't, I also procrastinate.

xSilverPhinx

Today was productive, but only because I didn't stay home. :P

Asmodean

Me, I simply cannot work from home these days. My Xbox starts serenading me from its hidey-hole, then I discover a certain peckishness and start making food, then I call it an early day... No, it's either going to the office, enforcing some self-discipline, or... Just throwing in the towel for that particular day :P
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on December 20, 2018, 10:20:07 AM
Me, I simply cannot work from home these days. My Xbox starts serenading me from its hidey-hole, then I discover a certain peckishness and start making food, then I call it an early day... No, it's either going to the office, enforcing some self-discipline, or... Just throwing in the towel for that particular day :P

I think I know exactly what you're talking about! :lol:

:sidesmile:

xSilverPhinx

I have nothing to put off until the last minute, for now. Feeling kind of disoriented.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on December 21, 2018, 09:37:28 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 21, 2018, 09:30:13 PM
I have nothing to put off until the last minute, for now. Feeling kind of disoriented.

:rofl:

Tank, I don't think you understand the severity of the situation. :P What's an incurable procrastinator like me to do? :shrug:

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 21, 2018, 09:45:39 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 21, 2018, 09:37:28 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 21, 2018, 09:30:13 PM

:rofl:

Tank, I don't think you understand the severity of the situation. :P What's an incurable procrastinator like me to do? :shrug:

Consider your options, over and over again!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.