News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Workshop and fixit stuff

Started by Dave, July 10, 2017, 07:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

My caregiver saw the boxes and loves them. :)
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

do you sell any of this stuff?

if you dont you should

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on September 19, 2020, 03:56:08 PM
do you sell any of this stuff?

if you dont you should

You're the second person to ask me that today :)

They're more hobby pieces. But I may run out of room and start selling them then.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Dark Lightning

Nice work, Tank! You're on a real tear with this woodworking!

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on September 19, 2020, 01:31:00 PM
Finished another little hexagonal jewellery box. This is made from Sapele with brass highlights.

Very nice boxes and orchids.  :tellmemore:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

The brass inlays are well done and they are becoming a marker of your style. It would be interesting to do similar inserts with glass rods or some of the stones you use in your jewellery.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: Dark Lightning on September 19, 2020, 08:59:19 PM
Nice work, Tank! You're on a real tear with this woodworking!

I find it totally absorbing. When I'm doing it there is just one point of focus everything else just disappears. :D

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on September 20, 2020, 04:29:35 AM
The brass inlays are well done and they are becoming a marker of your style. It would be interesting to do similar inserts with glass rods or some of the stones you use in your jewellery.

I have been thinking about haematite beads :)

And the router tip you gave me a while ago gets used regularly.

Tank

Quote from: Magdalena on September 19, 2020, 09:49:49 PM
Quote from: Tank on September 19, 2020, 01:31:00 PM
Finished another little hexagonal jewellery box. This is made from Sapele with brass highlights.

Very nice boxes and orchids.  :tellmemore:

The orchid was a present to my wife from one of her friends last year. I just keep watering it and it keeps flowering. Seems like a good deal to me :D

billy rubin

Quote from: hermes2015 on September 20, 2020, 04:29:35 AM

glass rods

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

Tank

The last of the 3 hexagon boxes. This is made from oak :)

Dark Lightning

Nice! Is that a magnet catch on the new one?

Tank

Quote from: Dark Lightning on October 03, 2020, 01:32:31 PM
Nice! Is that a magnet catch on the new one?

Yes. it's a pair of 6mm dia x 3mm Neodymium magnets. They are remarkably strong for their size.

hermes2015

Tank, I thought of your work when I saw this video.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames