Happy Atheist Forum

Workshop and fixit stuff

Tank

Re: Workshop and fixit stuff
« Reply #735 on: July 28, 2020, 08:30:15 AM »
On that note, there is no way that I would have the vision to make a painting like your "Opera".

:lol:  DL, I think you are confusing Icarus with me, which is understandable, since we both have wings — mine are on my feet and helmet, whereas Icarus has homemade ones of feathers and wax on his arms.

Hmmmm? I think he means your painting.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
“Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt.” ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

« Reply #736 on: July 28, 2020, 12:13:20 PM »
On that note, there is no way that I would have the vision to make a painting like your "Opera".

:lol:  DL, I think you are confusing Icarus with me, which is understandable, since we both have wings — mine are on my feet and helmet, whereas Icarus has homemade ones of feathers and wax on his arms.

Hmmmm? I think he means your painting.

Perhaps I'm confused — I though he was addressing Icarus!
“Who is to say that pleasure is useless?”
― Charles Eames

Dark Lightning

• Curmudgeon
« Reply #737 on: July 28, 2020, 02:10:25 PM »

:-[ Sorry, I woke up at 3:30 yesterday to pee and couldn't go back to sleep. I claim industrial-grade fatigue.

hermes2015

« Reply #738 on: July 28, 2020, 02:30:32 PM »

:-[ Sorry, I woke up at 3:30 yesterday to pee and couldn't go back to sleep. I claim industrial-grade fatigue.

:thumbsup2:
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

• humble azpirant to the throne3 of typos
  • i actually do not know what LætusAtheos means
« Reply #739 on: July 28, 2020, 05:19:38 PM »
jeez you people show me up as a peasant

my abilities at woodworking are rudimentary, table saw and air staplers mostly does it for me.

Born without a brain, doctors look inside six years later and are amazed at what they find!

Tank

« Reply #740 on: July 28, 2020, 05:24:58 PM »
jeez you people show me up as a peasant

my abilities at woodworking are rudimentary, table saw and air staplers mostly does it for me.

But I think you're the only record holder on here :)
“Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt.” ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

« Reply #741 on: August 04, 2020, 08:43:09 PM »
Made a mount for my belt sander, clamped down while in use. :)

Dark Lightning

• Curmudgeon
« Reply #742 on: August 04, 2020, 09:45:13 PM »
Nice! Is that 40 grit paper on there?

hermes2015

« Reply #743 on: August 05, 2020, 03:56:26 AM »
That will be useful, Tank. Don't you find the days are too short after retirement?
― Charles Eames

Dark Lightning

• Curmudgeon
« Reply #744 on: August 05, 2020, 04:23:57 AM »
I've gotten to be quite the slacker finally, mostly because the arthritis in my feet cuts into my work day. I talked to my family doctor yesterday and it appears that elective surgery may be back in operation (so to speak) and I may be able to get my left foot worked on again, hopefully with better effect. I am working on putting white PVC lattice on top of the pergola in our back yard. It makes interesting grid patterns on the wood. I'll take a picture tomorrow, aimed towards the sky. I can take about an hour on my feet and then have to take a break. My butt is starting to hurt from all the sitting. Can't sit or stand for extended periods. :( I guess it's time to go lie down and go to sleep.  ;D

hermes2015

« Reply #745 on: August 05, 2020, 05:25:20 AM »
I've gotten to be quite the slacker finally, mostly because the arthritis in my feet cuts into my work day. I talked to my family doctor yesterday and it appears that elective surgery may be back in operation (so to speak) and I may be able to get my left foot worked on again, hopefully with better effect. I am working on putting white PVC lattice on top of the pergola in our back yard. It makes interesting grid patterns on the wood. I'll take a picture tomorrow, aimed towards the sky. I can take about an hour on my feet and then have to take a break. My butt is starting to hurt from all the sitting. Can't sit or stand for extended periods. :( I guess it's time to go lie down and go to sleep.  ;D

I can just imagine how frustrating your situation is, because I suffered similarly with my left hip before I had the successful replacement.
― Charles Eames

Tank

« Reply #746 on: August 05, 2020, 08:32:40 AM »
Nice! Is that 40 grit paper on there?

Yes that is 40grit. I also have 80 and 120.

Tank

« Reply #747 on: August 05, 2020, 08:33:30 AM »
That will be useful, Tank. Don't you find the days are too short after retirement?

Yes! It's daft that I don't have enough hours in the day to do nothing!   ;D

Tank

« Reply #748 on: August 05, 2020, 08:35:32 AM »

You'll have to buy a blow up bed to take with you to lay down on whenever you need to :grin:

hermes2015

« Reply #749 on: August 05, 2020, 11:55:38 AM »

Yes! It's daft that I don't have enough hours in the day to do nothing!   ;D

Well, you probably deserve a good rest much more than I do. I must be honest and say I was never the hardest-working person.
― Charles Eames