News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Essie Mae

If they work, that's all the justification you need for relieving this horrible condition.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Velma

I know. I just get tired of people who's greatest ailment to date is a stubbed toe acting like a medical expert when it comes to a complex, and potentially deadly, chronic illness.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Essie Mae

You don't need those people around you. Anyway, 1 am now, off to bed. :count sheep:

Firebird

Feeling really anxious and irritable. My wife and I had a stupid fight and we're now having one of those days where we have to tread lightly around each other lest we spark something again.
I also found out my department is going to be reorged and split apart sometime in the next couple of weeks (not public knowledge) and I have no idea who exactly I'll be working under or what I'll be doing. My job is likely safe, but I'm wondering if I'll have to start looking around again. Thing is that I'm not sure I even want to do the same job at another place. I've thought about going back to school or doing something different after 15 years in this industry, but my ideas are too vague to make such a seismic change, especially with the kid around.
I need to drink something, BRB.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

OldGit

Fingers crossed for you, FB.

Essie Mae

Hope today's a better one Firebird.

Dave

Thinking of you, Firebird, buddy.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

I haven't had a sore throat in ages, but this morning I woke up feeling like I was swallowing glass shards.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Claireliontamer

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 05, 2017, 12:03:23 PM
I haven't had a sore throat in ages, but this morning I woke up feeling like I was swallowing glass shards.

Dave

Not really grumpy but I was a bit late for my voluntary job this morning.

Accidetally left the bathroom light on last night, with the window open. Took me over  a quarter of an hour evicting the dozen of so moths (of at least 4 varieties) and several spiders.

My insect catcher has never done so much work in a single day before!

Hmm, got some small disc magnets, some instant adhesive, some curtain netting, hot-melt adhesive and some "iron-on" tape . . . Removable-insect-screens-R-me tonight I think!

Firebird

Quote from: Gloucester on July 05, 2017, 04:39:08 PM

Accidetally left the bathroom light on last night, with the window open. Took me over  a quarter of an hour evicting the dozen of so moths (of at least 4 varieties) and several spiders.

Hmm, got some small disc magnets, some instant adhesive, some curtain netting, hot-melt adhesive and some "iron-on" tape . . . Removable-insect-screens-R-me tonight I think!

May I suggest this: https://www.amazon.com/Zap-Bug-Zapper-Rechargeable-Super-Bright/dp/B01JBU4WE4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499275060&sr=8-1&keywords=zap-it

It makes a very satisying *POP* and spark when you hit a bug. We came home from vacation to a bunch of fruit flies, and I took out at least 50 or so with this thing.

"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Dave

Quote from: Firebird on July 05, 2017, 06:19:09 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on July 05, 2017, 04:39:08 PM

May I suggest this: https://www.amazon.com/Zap-Bug-Zapper-Rechargeable-Super-Bright/dp/B01JBU4WE4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499275060&sr=8-1&keywords=zap-it

It makes a very satisying *POP* and spark when you hit a bug. We came home from vacation to a bunch of fruit flies, and I took out at least 50 or so with this thing.

Seen it. Naw, don't want to kill moths, bees, wasps and spiders but rather not have them as visitors. Horse flies, blow flies, bluebottles, mossies and similar are, however, fair game! Many years ago I bought a friend a spring powered fly swat, it shot a "spider web" like disc, on a piece of fishing line for retrival, about 5 feet with enough force to at least give the target considerable grief.

Our rule was silly presents that cost no more than £2. I was told this device bordered on being, "Almost not silly enough," and thus close to breaking the rule. Since we were out on the patio having drinks and bites he soon got a good trophy score.

Guardian85

Quote from: Claireliontamer on July 05, 2017, 12:07:07 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 05, 2017, 12:03:23 PM

Missing a key ingredient.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

OldGit

Quite right, G85!  I see you recommend honey as well, which must be a good thing.  Fernanda, get well soon!

Fernanda, get well soon!

xSilverPhinx

Whiskey and lemon :yum:

And easy to swallow too, how convenient! :grin:

Thanks OG, I am feeling better. Just that nasty residual ticklish feeling.   
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey