News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Workshop and fixit stuff

Started by Dave, July 10, 2017, 07:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

Quote from: billy rubin on April 07, 2020, 10:25:49 PM
i bought a reject bathroom cabinet as a second when i worked at a hardware store. then i bolted a formica top onto it.

what do you brits call that? melamine?

screwed a really nice little engine stand to the top so i can work on an assembled motor without struggling to turn it. spins like a revolving door.

the workshop itself is pretty big, but also pretty unorganized. lots of projects on the to-do list.

back from the workbench is a lift that lets me work on a chassis without lying on the floor

that lift by itself probably added five years to my life span. i'd been lying on the ground for 40 years before i went and bought it

I like your bench. Used cabinets can be a steal of a deal. We have a welding table that needs some refitting before it goes in the big shop. Then I can bolt a proper vise on.

And that is a lot of motorcycles. Cool.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

billy rubin

homei mprovement places like lowes or home depot occassionally get stuff in thats broken, and theyd rather sell it for cheap than fix it. i think the cabinet had a damaged back.

you can often get free standing kitchen cabinets too. just put a top on them somehow.

i live in a decrepit house with broken sash windows too far gone to fix. back when we were poorer i bought two broken storm doirs ans screwed them over the bedroomvwindows. primitive but they sealed up well.

QuoteAnd that is a lot of motorcycles. Cool.

its deceptive. only about half of them work on any given day. but you know what?

ive found whatz important to me.

lots of people never do.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

xSilverPhinx

Just thought I'd add this cool looking sculpture here:

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 20, 2020, 02:39:39 PM

That is cool.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

hermes2015

That shark is very good. Is it in a building near you?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dark Lightning

That shark is too cool! Closest I've come with "sculpture" is the pig I made from an old (empty!) propane tank. This is Penelope, the Pink Pig, 4 years ago. The face is wood. She has since lost face due to weather, and I'm going to have to give her a face lift.

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 20, 2020, 02:39:39 PM

Created by Matt Sanders.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on April 20, 2020, 04:17:14 PM
That shark is very good. Is it in a building near you?

I don't know where it's located, I got the picture from FB. :grin:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 20, 2020, 05:12:53 PM
That shark is too cool! Closest I've come with "sculpture" is the pig I made from an old (empty!) propane tank. This is Penelope, the Pink Pig, 4 years ago. The face is wood. She has since lost face due to weather, and I'm going to have to give her a face lift.

:grin: That's such a cute pig sculpture.

Magdalena

^^^
Love the shark and the pig.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dark Lightning

^^ Thanks! When I first put it out, the dogs were afraid of it! :lol:

hermes2015

Love the pink pig. Jeff Koons would be proud of you!
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dark Lightning

:-[ His stuff is a LOT better than mine. I'm undaunted, though. I have another set of those legs, I have plans to make a burro. I think that the meat smoker that was going to be the torso got recycled, though. I'll have to go look. ETA- :yes!: It's still where I put it.

jumbojak

This was sunday's project. Starter removed and engine freed up plus all six injectors pulled and replaced. It still runs.

https://youtu.be/GVHuJFDGk08

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on April 28, 2020, 06:54:05 PM
This was sunday's project. Starter removed and engine freed up plus all six injectors pulled and replaced. It still runs.

https://youtu.be/GVHuJFDGk08

Good job!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.