News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Transport — HAF Photo Challenge Poll

Started by Recusant, September 20, 2020, 08:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 30, 2020, 01:32:32 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on September 30, 2020, 10:42:31 AM

:grin:

Wow, now that's a blast from the past! :grin:

(That film gave me nightmares when I was a kid. :spooked:)

I agree with Tank, it was a very good horror film!

Seth Brundle: Brundlefly.
--Poor guy.
:snicker:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Recusant

In baseball, ties go to the challenger (the baserunner). We rarely have ties, but in this case the splendid English steam engine from Tank and the scenic alpine gondola lift from hermes2015 tie for first with six votes apiece. They're both outstanding photographs. The umpire calls this one for Tank. :bravo: 

Thank you to all who contributed photos for this edition of the HAF photo challenge, and to all who voted. Congratulations, Tank! It is now your honour and your privilege to choose the theme for the next photo challenge.  :thumbsup:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

hermes2015

Congrats, Tank, and thanks, Recusant. I am happy to be saved by the umpire!
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: Recusant on October 07, 2020, 05:50:43 AM
In baseball, ties go to the challenger (the baserunner). We rarely have ties, but in this case the splendid English steam engine from Tank and the scenic alpine gondola lift from hermes2015 tie for first with six votes apiece. They're both outstanding photographs. The umpire calls this one for Tank. :bravo: 

Thank you to all who contributed photos for this edition of the HAF photo challenge, and to all who voted. Congratulations, Tank! It is now your honour your privilege to choose the theme for the next photo challenge.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: hermes2015 on October 07, 2020, 08:22:35 AM
Congrats, Tank, and thanks, Recusant. I am happy to be saved by the umpire!

Thank you both. :)

I shall have a think.  :scratch:

Tank

Our next challenge is 'Human'. This can be a person or persons or a singularly human object or activity.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on October 07, 2020, 08:42:40 AM
Our next challenge is 'Human'. This can be a person or persons or a singularly human object or activity.

Wow, that was super-humanly quick — it usually takes me a few days. Interesting topic.
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

― Charles Eames