News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

10 Things About Yourself

Started by Cecilie, May 16, 2010, 10:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dretlin

Quote from: "karadan"More than welcome roflol

Tank

11.I can beach comb all day and be quite happy and mildly sun burned, at the same time.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

mama_ape

1.  I love telling people things about me.  (perfect post for me huh?)
2.  I believe dogs can become just as important as human members of the family.
3.  My favorite color is PURPLE!
4.  I will never willingly tell my grandparents that I'm athiest.
5.  I've been alive now for just as long without my mom as I was with her...still don't think I'm quite over it. (I was fourteen when she died.)
6.  I'm afraid of dying before I get to do everything I want to do.
7.  I feel guilt towards my kids and husband because I wonder sometimes about what could have been.
8.  My favorite food is anything Mexican.
9.  I try my hardest to spell things correctly because misspelling totally gets on my nerves.
10.Despite everything I love being an American....but secretly I wish I was Scottish...for real not three generations back.
So you can give your heart to Jesus, but your ass belongs to the Corps! Do you ladies understand?

pinkocommie

Quote from: "mama_ape"7.  I feel guilt towards my kids and husband because I wonder sometimes about what could have been.

Don't feel guilty.  I do this too.  I love my son more than anything in the world, but I'm also jealous of my friends with their untouched figures (the ladies of course.  :D), large bank accounts and stories about travelling all around.  *le sigh*
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Tank

Quote from: "mama_ape"5.  I've been alive now for just as long without my mom as I was with her...still don't think I'm quite over it. (I was fourteen when she died.)

My Father died two weeks after my 17th birthday, I didn't cry till I was 22, I was 49 before I came to terms with the effects his death had had on me. Don't be surprised how long it takes.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

mama_ape

Quote from: "Tank"
Quote from: "mama_ape"5.  I've been alive now for just as long without my mom as I was with her...still don't think I'm quite over it. (I was fourteen when she died.)

My Father died two weeks after my 17th birthday, I didn't cry till I was 22, I was 49 before I came to terms with the effects his death had had on me. Don't be surprised how long it takes.
Well shit.  That's fantastic. .... yeah I blame my sick sarcastic sense of humor on her dying while I was so young....
So you can give your heart to Jesus, but your ass belongs to the Corps! Do you ladies understand?

Beast

I was going to do this in picture form to mix it up....but they come out way to big. Anyway...

1. I enjoy shooting and trying to collect guns.
2. I am 23, married for 4 years and have 2 kids(3 & 1 yr old)
3. I am the creator of AZRally.com and Sole proprietor of AZ Rally Group.
4. I love watching Rally(WRC, USRC).
5. My Subaru WRX is, so far, the best car I have owned.
6. I work at a Psychiatric Housing Unit with pre-trial detainees.
7. I have been an Atheist for my entire life.
8. If I can't go fast or get hurt doing something, I'm not interested.  
9. I have broken my arm in 5 places between my elbow and pinky finger, all in the same incident.
10. My favorite emoticon is this guy  :bananacolor:
-Kevin
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck."

Sophus

Quote from: "Kylyssa"9. I read very fast and if I'm in the mood I may finish seven or eight novels in a day.
Wow. Did you take a speed reading course?

Quote10.  I am working on writing another novel.

Another one? That's so cool... What's the first one?  :)
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Sophus

Okay, I'll conform. I'll try to keep out the usual I'm married with one kid sort of deal  :D

1. I am a pure ectomorph.
2. My house is quite strange and quaint.
3.I start lots of projects without ever finishing them. All of which I plan on returning to eventually, only some which I actually do.
4. My sense of hearing is too good. I loath noisy television sets!
5. I don't get bored easily.
6. I like to cook and invent my own "dishes" although I don't really know what the hell I'm doing.
7. The men in my family tend to be very tall. The tallest being seven foot. Fortunately I'm not that tall.
8. I've never bought a car that wasn't used. Wouldn't want to lose my artist cred!
9. Often I stay up all night by myself just lost in thought.
10. If Music were a person, it'd be my best friend.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

KDbeads

11. Angelina Jolie is only 5 days older than me.
Damn she looks so much older than I do  :yay:
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

Tank

Quote from: "KDbeads"11. Angelina Jolie is only 5 days older than me.
Damn she looks so much older than I do  :D

KDbeads

Quote from: "Tank"I think a picture is called for  :|

But.... no makeup, after a long trip, a few too many pounds over weight and holding Neo:
http://www.krausdesigns.com/images/Peop ... F4716a.JPG
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

Tank

Quote from: "KDbeads"
Quote from: "Tank"I think a picture is called for  :|

But.... no makeup, after a long trip, a few too many pounds over weight and holding Neo:
http://www.krausdesigns.com/images/Peop ... F4716a.JPG
Of course! I saw a picture of you holding up some of your needlework on your site. Is Neo a small chicken or some kind of corvid?

KDbeads

Neo is a silkie/easter egger mix, she was 6 or 8 weeks old in that shot.  Fully grown she's between the size of a regular chicken and a bantam, maybe 2 or 3 pounds.  She's a spoiled little brat, prefers to roost on our arms or under our jackets.

Tank

Quote from: "KDbeads"Neo is a silkie/easter egger mix, she was 6 or 8 weeks old in that shot.  Fully grown she's between the size of a regular chicken and a bantam, maybe 2 or 3 pounds.  She's a spoiled little brat, prefers to roost on our arms or under our jackets.
Is she 'house trained'?