News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Refuting Theistic Arguments

Started by Ricardo, October 04, 2019, 07:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red_Cloud

Quote from: hermes2015 on October 10, 2019, 05:49:24 AM
Will you walk into our parlour, billy rubin? You can trust me, at least, because I am Hermes.

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

And now, dear billy rubin, who may this story read,
To idle, silly, flattering words, I pray you ne'er give heed;
Unto an evil counselor close heart, and ear, and eye,
And take a lesson from this tale of the Spider and the Fly.

hermes2015

Quote from: Red_Cloud on October 10, 2019, 08:51:11 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on October 10, 2019, 05:49:24 AM
Will you walk into our parlour, billy rubin? You can trust me, at least, because I am Hermes.

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

And now, dear billy rubin, who may this story read,
To idle, silly, flattering words, I pray you ne'er give heed;
Unto an evil counselor close heart, and ear, and eye,
And take a lesson from this tale of the Spider and the Fly.

Lies, all lies, I say.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

thank you all for the welcome.

i think.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Magdalena

Quote from: Ricardo on October 04, 2019, 07:58:43 PM
How to refute the following theistic argument that says "You cannot prove that God does not exist."  :)

Onde está o Ricardo?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Onde está o Ricardo?
Donde está Ricardo?
Hm...Very similar.  :chin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

He hasn't even started paying me $100 USD a week yet.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Red_Cloud

You know what you can do Ricardo?

:f you:

Tank

Quote from: Red_Cloud on October 18, 2019, 11:16:55 AM
You know what you can do Ricardo?
https://media1.giphy.com/media/VIosZd0p45g5i/giphy.gif?cid=790b76118b81b0975d6816d8f607b928be7f5465473fe09e&rid=giphy.gif
:f you:

RC this is getting too close to 'personal insults' for comfort.
Please moderate your posts and limit them to the ideas expressed by the person.

Thanks
Tank
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Red_Cloud

Quote from: Tank on October 18, 2019, 11:26:08 AM

RC this is getting too close to 'personal insults' for comfort.
Please moderate your posts and limit them to the ideas expressed by the person.

Thanks
Tank

Tank

:rofl:

As long as you get my point. LOL
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Red_Cloud

Quote from: Tank on October 18, 2019, 12:03:19 PM
:rofl:

As long as you get my point. LOL

Life boils down to standing in line to get shit dropped on your head. Everyone's got a place in the queue, you can't get out of it, and just when you start to congratulate yourself on surviving your dose of shit, you discover that the line is actually circular."
Scott Lynch, The Republic of Thieves.

Do you like my giphys Tank? Getting better eh?  :grin:

Tank

I would ask the Queen of GIFs, Mags, I am merely a bystander of such things.

And while your comment about 'shit landing on one's head' is true in the big wide world HAF isn't the big wide world. It's more of a club where rules of behaviour apply and in extreme cases membership can be revoked. Not that you are anywhere near even thinking about such things yet. Just a head's up so it doesn't get that far as you are becoming a valued member. :)

Red_Cloud

Quote from: Tank on October 18, 2019, 12:42:15 PM
I would ask the Queen of GIFs, Mags, I am merely a bystander of such things.

And while your comment about 'shit landing on one's head' is true in the big wide world HAF isn't the big wide world. It's more of a club where rules of behaviour apply and in extreme cases membership can be revoked. Not that you are anywhere near even thinking about such things yet. Just a head's up so it doesn't get that far as you are becoming a valued member. :)

You see Tank, I sometimes have a short fuse! I do try my best to be amiable and polite, but it don't always work!
Take Jehovah's Witnesses and Morons:- At one time we used to get them knocking on doors every weekend, without fail!
They would also be on the local shopping precinct, not just one group, but often 3 groups, you couldn't avoid them.
The Jehovah's would ring our doorbell, and if we didn't answer the door they would continually hit the doorbell again.
So I would answer the door. My wife would say "Don't be rude to them sweetheart!" So I would start off amiable, telling them I wasn't interested. "Well, just take this to read, it might change your mind." the arsehole would say. I would wave my hand in rejection and close the door. A few seconds later it would be pushed through the letterbox!
It got so bad at weekends that I wrote "NO JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!" on a card and taped it on the inside of the glass on my front door. Did that stop them? Hell NO!! . . .
So I would answer the door the next weekend. "Cant you read! Didn't you see THAT!" I would say. "Oh that!" he would say, "We don't take notice of that, we are doing GODS work." I would take a steep forward so that my face was closer to his and I would say— "Well, take notice of this. . . FUCK OFF!!" I rarely see them nowadays around where I live.

Tank

"I sometimes have a short fuse! I do try my best to be amiable and polite, but it don't always work!"

This is me too!