News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Icons

Started by Sandra Craft, November 24, 2011, 11:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

I forget where I found this, but I thought it so adorable (and pretty much my attitude toward prayer) that I snagged it immediately and, knowing there are a number of cat lovers on this forum I thought I'd share it.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

That's cute, never saw that one before. :)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

I do like that one!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Too Few Lions

it's great, made me chuckle. Thanks for sharing it.

OldGit

Sandra Craft

A little racier, but I figure we're all adults here and there's more than a few who'll get a laugh out of it:

Sandy

Tank

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 25, 2011, 07:35:54 PM
A little racier, but I figure we're all adults here and there's more than a few who'll get a laugh out of it:

That looks a little like DeterminedJuliet  ;D
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on November 25, 2011, 07:40:46 PM

Holy crap, it does!
Sandy

Tank

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 25, 2011, 07:44:13 PM
Quote from: Tank on November 25, 2011, 07:40:46 PM

Holy crap, it does!
Deep subconscious freudian slip!

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on November 25, 2011, 07:46:11 PM
Deep subconscious freudian slip!

Well, if DJ looks anything like her icon it's not that deep a slip.
Sandy

DeterminedJuliet

Oh Dear, now you all know what I get up to on my weekends!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

DeterminedJuliet

Also, I never really thought about it before, but I do look a bit like my avatar (the avatar itself is a picture of the statue of "Juliet" in Verona.)

Edit: photoremoval
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Sweetdeath

Atheist cat is AWESOME.
And saucyness, Juliet. >D
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on November 26, 2011, 02:40:15 AM
Also, I never really thought about it before, but I do look a bit like my avatar (the avatar itself is a picture of the statue of "Juliet" in Verona.)

I can't find many side profile pictures of myself, but here's one of me from my wedding day with my "maid" of honour.
(Image removed at DJs request - Tank)
That's a tease! Now I want to see a proper picture of you  ;D

OldGit

^ And so say all of us!