Happy Atheist Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Laid Back Lounge / Re: World's Greatest Stoners
« Last post by hermes2015 on September 22, 2021, 04:00:31 AM »
I'm pretty sure Hector Berlioz was stoned when he wrote this.

ididnt know bernie sanders could conduct

Only when struck by lightning.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: What's on your mind today?
« Last post by jumbojak on September 22, 2021, 01:24:06 AM »
It's like wrestling but instead of pins your ultimate aim is a submission either through strangulation of your opponent or a joint lock.
Media / Re: Post YouTube videos that don't suck!
« Last post by Icarus on September 22, 2021, 01:20:23 AM »
^  Sheeesh! Billy this is the thread reserved for videos that do not suck. That one , ^, is a bit much.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Petrol head thread!!!
« Last post by Icarus on September 22, 2021, 01:06:55 AM »
Not too sure about BPs above post.  Sidehacks are one thing and dispensing with Trumps quite another..............Is the word trump an Aussie expression that i do not fully understand?......Quite likely, but I continue below with a line of thought that is more familiar.   It is about Trumpers.

Not using other parts of the road and also dispensing with trumps bring to mind some other options.  In Florida, we have wicked little palm trees called Robelini palms.  They sprout the most vicious of thorns. About 4 inches or 10m cm long and painfully hard and sharp. Those thorns could be tipped with curare or other poison.  When propelled by a reasonably silent instrument, say a slingshot, they could dispatch numerous trumpers, anti vaxers, and 'Stop the steal" lunatics...............

Sorry bout the distraction.  Back to side cars........... uhmmm,  I mean chairs. 
Politics / havana syndrome
« Last post by billy rubin on September 22, 2021, 12:53:16 AM »
the US just had another cia operative come down with havana syndrome, this time in india, i think

some state department people are saying this problem actually dates back to the 1960s.

current public talk is that it may be focused microwave radiation. if this is true, couldnt an ordinary radar detector set to a broad frequency range be used to determine that?

it looks suspicious to me that this has been going on for yearscwith no public disclosure as to even what it is.

i smell a rat
« Last post by Icarus on September 22, 2021, 12:45:54 AM »
Thank you Mags.  I had never considered that Sagan was into weed or other halucagenic (sp) substances.
« Last post by billy rubin on September 22, 2021, 12:45:22 AM »
I'm pretty sure Hector Berlioz was stoned when he wrote this.

ididnt know bernie sanders could conduct
« Last post by billy rubin on September 22, 2021, 12:40:55 AM »
grappling?

you throw steel hooks over other peoples boats and then  pull on the rope?
« Last post by Magdalena on September 21, 2021, 10:27:22 PM »
Hmmm...World's Greatest Stoners?
Besides My Magic Man, I would say, Carl Sagan.  :)
https://bigthink.com/health/carl-sagan-on-smoking-marijuana/
Why did Carl Sagan write an essay on weed?

In an essay written for the 1971 book Marihuana Reconsidered, Dr. Sagan, writing under the pseudonym “Mr. X” described his history of marijuana use and how he thought it had been a positive force in his life. He wrote under a false name out of fear that he would negatively impact his career and reputation by writing such an article, and it was only after his death that we found out that he had written this essay.

The essay is too long to include here, but can be found in its entirety here or downloaded as a PDF (***)here. We’ll focus on the major points he brings up.

(***)
https://highexistence.com/carl-sagans-profound-essay-on-why-cannabis-consciousness-is-desperately-needed-in-this-mad-and-dangerous-world/
« Last post by jumbojak on September 21, 2021, 07:35:10 PM »
I'm set to compete in the American Grappling Federation Championship in Virginia Beach early next month. I don't think I have ever been so perpetually tired as I have been these last few weeks and I'm not sure if I'll recover enough to be the least bit competitive.

Yesterday I worked takedowns at the gym and then rolled for thirty minutes straight. That's fairly normal as a workload but my god, it sucked the life out of me. I left the gym a shaking mess and have to do it all over tomorrow.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10