Happy Atheist Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Laid Back Lounge / Re: The Outside Thread
« Last post by jumbojak on Today at 04:56:55 PM »
You should give your kids a book called Following the Wild Bees by Thomas Seeley. If you have a pollinator plantation I imagine your family would be interested in how far the bees are coming to reach The Oasis.
Music / Re: What are you listening to?
« Last post by billy rubin on Today at 04:04:36 PM »
Sports / Re: Simone Biles
« Last post by billy rubin on Today at 03:59:46 PM »
i'm not a follower of sports, so i don't really have a dog in this, but it seems to me that lots of people are trying to take possession of this girl's athletic performance, as if she owed them something.

i don't think she owes anybody anything. it's her life that she's living. if her sport requires 100 percent concentration to avoid serious injury, and she believes that she only has 99 percent available to give on that day, then i applaud her for not risking her neck to make a TV spectacle for people in the bleachers.
« Last post by billy rubin on Today at 03:52:32 PM »

outside the kitchen porch. cant remember the flower. my wife is the plant prson, but she caught a bumble bee worker on it.

ohio is a place where the culture is into acres of closely mown grass surrounding the houses. no one ever uses the space, its just a showcase for lawn. people consider mowing a recreational activity.

our place is overgrown with weeds and purposely planted insectories. from the road, it looks like a third world jungle slum, but up close we're a riot of hummingbirds, pollinators, and native insects. my son has a pet mantid in front of his door that he watches. currently a mud dauber wasp is busy building a mudnest on the kitchen wall by the door that she will stuff full of spiders or caterpillars before laying an egg.

i suppose we're the scorn of the neighbors, but we have butterfiles and they dont
« Last post by jumbojak on Today at 03:38:32 PM »
I don't think it changed their diet, just their ability to find food until they had adjusted to the reduced visibility. Bass and bluegill are visual ambush predators. I suspect that such a sudden shift would change things up for them. It was probably nice for the minnows while it lasted.
Sports / Re: Simone Biles
« Last post by Bad Penny II on Today at 09:52:19 AM »
I think that if Biles would have has real mental issues, she should have bailed out before the Olympics even started.

But she didn't so they mustn't be real mental issues?

Now she let everyone in her team down.

I don't really follow gymnastics, is it a team sport now?

Listening to her arguments in the press conference, it sounded like a very bad excuse of someone who just wanted to have some fun, who didn't want to take any responsibilities nor wanted be a team player. Blaming social media or no people present in the stadium to watch her performance for her "breakdown" are very pathetic arguments.

When you mention her "very pathetic arguments"  I don't suppose you mean they elicit pity, sorrow or sympathy?

Why does someone claiming mental issues have to provide argument unless they've done something criminal?  I expect what she has done is going to cost her dollars, much training at least somewhat wasted, what's her motivation for her frivolous lark?
« Last post by Icarus on Today at 04:34:16 AM »
Papasito, I have been a Salut Salon fan for a long time.  They are both imaginative showmen and damned good musicians.  There are numerous videos of them on You Tube.

German chicks from Hamburg are great fun as you suggest.
« Last post by billy rubin on Today at 01:23:14 AM »
benny hill was never young
« Last post by billy rubin on Today at 01:17:34 AM »
thats odd

wby would the algae change their diet preferences

something is different

they might eat anything during a storm, as anything might get washed in. do tbey still take the lizard without the storm?
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Happy New Orbit Day!!!
« Last post by Magdalena on July 30, 2021, 11:47:44 PM »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10