News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Meanings of words and understanding meaning.

Started by Mr. B, March 04, 2020, 06:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on March 05, 2020, 09:53:21 PM
now why oud yiou zzay that?

I don't know.
Maybe it's just the grammar nazi in me speaking.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

Quote from: Magdalena on March 05, 2020, 10:44:37 PM
Quote from: billy rubin on March 05, 2020, 09:53:21 PM
now why oud yiou zzay that?

I don't know.
Maybe it's just the grammar nazi in me speaking.

Is it the preposition that you question Mags?   

I once knew a guy who had some issues with his wife.  He was a jackass really.  The wife had a delicate stomach and to torture her, but not unlawfully,  he would pour beer into...onto.... in ....on.... his morning cereal. 

Dark Lightning

...and the beer I had for breakfast tasted alright, so I had another one for dessert...

That's a line from a "song", and I don't remember the performer's or the band's name, fortunately.

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on March 06, 2020, 01:07:59 AM
Is it the preposition that you question Mags?   
No, it was the adjective.  :notsure:
Quotean explisive person
"3xprezzivv."

Quote from: Magdalena on March 05, 2020, 06:20:39 PM
Quote from: billy rubin on March 04, 2020, 08:58:45 PM
Quote from: Mr. B on March 04, 2020, 06:45:54 PM
If I described you as an explisive person whould you understand what I meant?

i would not understand what you meant.

what does "explisive" mean?

:secrets1: I think in your realm, billy rubin, the word is spelled: "3xprezzivv."

:grin:

Quote from: Icarus on March 06, 2020, 01:07:59 AM
I once knew a guy who had some issues with his wife.  He was a jackass really.  The wife had a delicate stomach and to torture her, but not unlawfully,  he would pour beer into...onto.... in ....on.... his morning cereal.
I think I knew him too.
;D

~Wait. Should it be, the "nazi within me" or is, "the nazi in me", fine?  :notsure:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Old Seer

I've heard this used in conjunction with "explain", such as , he wasn't very explisive. IOW he didn't explain it/something well. It looks also as it could be used the other way - he was over explisive. I didn't know it wasn't a word. It also seems to be linked to , expletive.
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Kusa

If I heard you say it verbally, I would probably think you were saying I am candid.

Mr. B

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Mr. B

Quote from: Old Seer on March 06, 2020, 04:02:35 PM
I've heard this used in conjunction with "explain", such as , he wasn't very explisive. IOW he didn't explain it/something well. It looks also as it could be used the other way - he was over explisive. I didn't know it wasn't a word. It also seems to be linked to , expletive.

That sounds about right according to my personal experience. Every time I think I have thought of something new...nope. I shouldn't be surprised that other people have either used or heard of that non-word before me.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Mr. B

Quote from: Kusa on March 06, 2020, 08:16:15 PM

If I heard you say it verbally, I would probably think you were saying I am candid.

You are pretty explisive most the time.  ;D

Mr. B

Found this today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDEi_12JmkE

Enjoy!

WARNING: Explisive language not suitable for work without headphones.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Mr. B on March 08, 2020, 09:50:10 PM
Found this today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDEi_12JmkE

Enjoy!

WARNING: Explisive language not suitable for work without headphones.

:lol: Yeah, I have pet peeves, too. I worked with nuclear materials (the radioactive ones, before someone picks my nose about all materials having nuclei)  ;D for awhile. It's stone simple to pronounce it "new-clear", instead of mispronouncing it "new-kew-ler". Dictionaries are even including the erroneous pronunciation because enough people use it. Lame.

Mr. B

Another word just popped into my head to describe a comment on social media.

Feccid

Apparently not a word. WTF is going on in my brain? In my mind it's pronounced Fekkid. Meaning, repulsive.

Google can't auto correct or figure out what I'm trying to say.

billy rubin