News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Recent posts

History / Re: What's this?
Last post by hermes2015 - Today at 05:12:41 AM
Last post by hermes2015 - Today at 04:58:26 AM
Quote from: Recusant on Today at 03:49:41 AMI don't think the "knitting tool" hypothesis is conclusive. Some of those dodecahedrons are only about 4 centimeters tall (1.5 inches). Seems unlikely that they were knitting gloves for infants (or toddlers for that matter). Some of them are made of stone and solid as well--would not work for the purpose. Then there are the smaller versions made of gold that were found in Asia.

Similarly enigmatic ancient objects: the carved stone balls from the British Isles.

Thanks for the link; those stone balls are wonderful. They are quite inspiring and I shall look at more examples to use as seeds for my concrete spheres.
Last post by Recusant - Today at 03:49:41 AM
I don't think the "knitting tool" hypothesis is conclusive. Some of those dodecahedrons are only about 4 centimeters tall (1.5 inches). Seems unlikely that they were knitting gloves for infants (or toddlers for that matter). Some of them are made of stone and solid as well--would not work for the purpose. Then there are the smaller versions made of gold that were found in Asia.

Similarly enigmatic ancient objects: the carved stone balls from the British Isles.
Religion / Re: Christian Nonduality
Last post by Icarus - Today at 01:42:33 AM
What one believes to be true has nothing to do with reality but to that person his/her truth is indisputable.  We can easily observe that reality within the realm of politics and religion.

I presume, respectfully, that Me_Be is a well educated Brit who may have been sufficiently insulated from the behaviors and mind sets of the common man. Try the American MAGA person or the deeply religious ones. They are conditioned to fight you, perhaps even kill you, for doubting or disputing their closely held beliefs. That is absolutely true even if their beliefs are based on absurdity as they often are..

Me_Be please continue. I enjoy your most erudite commentary.   
Science / Re: Oral Insulin
Last post by Icarus - Today at 01:22:01 AM
Three cheers for medical science.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: What's on your mind today?
Last post by Icarus - Today at 01:18:23 AM
WOW ! Nice work.  A tribute to the dog pleases me.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Jokes Thread (Was named An...
Last post by Tank - May 07, 2024, 02:07:44 PM
:rofl:
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Game: The Next Person... (...
Last post by Tank - May 07, 2024, 02:05:28 PM
True! Thank goodness.

The Next Person holds a world record for something?
Last post by Tank - May 07, 2024, 02:03:48 PM
Quote from: zorkan on May 07, 2024, 12:16:45 PMSkin massage tool perhaps.
Romans liked cleanliness.
Hold one side with fingers, then all over do it yourself body massage.
Might have been a big seller as many of these have been found.

I think you missed the video like I did :D
Laid Back Lounge / Re: animals in your life
Last post by Tank - May 07, 2024, 02:02:40 PM
They are litter mates so play with each other until they are worn out!