News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: billy rubin on November 05, 2020, 02:47:15 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 05, 2020, 02:00:07 PM
What's on my mind is this damn election.  I hope it is over today.  It's like watching a race where neither runner can get to the finish line. Maddening.

it will never end. 2020 will juzt go on forever

like the flying dutchman we will pay for our iniquities eternally

Seems that way. There is a lot that is broken about our country.

billy rubin

it will be okay in the end. just keep the bigger picture in mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU1QPtOZQZU

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

^ Billy that is just a mean spirited video.  You know very well that such an event might interrupt Trumps' golf game.

Asmodean

I... Don't mind 2020.

A lot of sickness and death and politics, but then, there is always sickness and death and politics. Also, rioting and looting.

For someone, somewhere, life is pretty dark at any given time. For me... Few things changed since last year, and that's just how I wanted it.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Randy

I'm still trying to get used to everyone wearing masks... well almost everyone.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tank

Should I take the dogs for a long or short walk?
What wood should I use to build a beer caddy for my son in laws Christmas present?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Randy

Quote from: Tank on November 12, 2020, 09:14:01 AM
What wood should I use to build a beer caddy for my son in laws Christmas present?
More important -- What beer should you fill the caddy with?
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tank

Quote from: Randy on November 12, 2020, 02:40:51 PM

Well as I won't be drinking it I think cheap shite is the order of the day  :snicker1:
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Randy

Quote from: Tank on November 12, 2020, 04:13:13 PM
Quote from: Randy on November 12, 2020, 02:40:51 PM
Well as I won't be drinking it I think cheap shite is the order of the day  :snicker1:
Edit: I placed my comment between the quotes above. Here it is:
That makes sense. Save the good stuff for yourself. :)

Tank

2020 is looking up Dominic Cummings is fucking off and the Yorkshire Ripper has died.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Tank on November 13, 2020, 08:02:53 AM
2020 is looking up Dominic Cummings is fucking off and the Yorkshire Ripper has died.

And Biden won. Silver linings, and all.

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 13, 2020, 03:35:01 PM
Quote from: Tank on November 13, 2020, 08:02:53 AM

And Biden won. Silver linings, an all.

I knew something else had happened :D

Bad Penny II

Some time ago I visited a place an hour south, they had a netted off swimming area close to the river mouth.  I noted there was a large gap at the side, a shark could easily get in there.  A few months later it was in the news, a juvenile great white had got in there, it was filmed swimming about. 

This below is in the local historic cemetery, where the bat colony is.

There is gap at the bottom of that fence, something could get out!
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Davin

Quote from: Bad Penny II on November 17, 2020, 08:41:40 AM
Some time ago I visited a place an hour south, they had a netted off swimming area close to the river mouth.  I noted there was a large gap at the side, a shark could easily get in there.  A few months later it was in the news, a juvenile great white had got in there, it was filmed swimming about. 

Or in.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Davin on November 17, 2020, 02:11:30 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on November 17, 2020, 08:41:40 AM

Or in.

Yes of course, you see them sitting on the publicly provided seating.
Minions, they must be, why else would they be sitting there?
I will add your input to my letter to the local council

When consulted American Expert Davin shuddered and grabbed a near chair for support, gathered himself and said, "Or in"
Take my advice, don't listen to me.