News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 16, 2021, 02:24:24 AM
Are anti-emetics narcotics? Medication has strange rules. I have to wait 48 hours for my blood pressure medication refills because they need a doctor's approval. If I had plans to ace my life out with blood pressure pills, I'd already be dead. It may have been here that I read where some people were grinding their loved one's medications for easier swallowing and the large initial dose of blood pressure medication resulted in that person's immediate demise.
This one is called Ativan. It's actually used for anxiety but one of the benefits to chemo patients is that it works well on stopping nausea. I don't think it is a narcotic but I've heard of people taking more than they are supposed to for getting high. For me, it works better than the others I've tried so it's my life saver.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Davin

Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 15, 2021, 03:52:25 PM
Quote from: Davin on January 15, 2021, 01:49:58 PM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 14, 2021, 03:25:21 PM
Wrong place to say it, but I'll say it here, anyway. Not grumpy to see you back!

My back is hurting like hell from being on my hands and knees, bailing the water out of the dishwasher so that I could clean out the drain pump. That didn't work, so I guess the hose is blocked. I made an attempt at pulling the dishwasher out, but couldn't get it to clear the counter and the floor at the same time. We're washing dishes by hand for a few days until my back is better- and my son can help.
I replaced my dishwasher a few months ago because the old one broke. Those little adjustable feet are a pain in the ass.

Indeed. That is exacerbated by the fact that wood floors replaced a linoleum floor covering, which was a good 1/2" thinner. I managed to stuff it in when it was new, but it was a struggle. I may have to use dynamite. Given the way the wood floor is lasting in the kitchen (25 year warranty means zip point shit, when the company folds-which is what happened), I'll insist on linoleum or the like, next time.

Quote from: Icarus on January 15, 2021, 10:30:27 PM
Our old dishwasher was working well but it was noisy as a freight train.  We bought a new one with quiet features. I was to install it. Piece of cake, right?  Murphy's law was in full effect of course.

A few years back we had tile installed on the kitchen floor. It was so high that the old machine could not be removed.  Woe is me.  I had to rip up several of the tiles to get the old machine out and of course replace tiles after the new machine was in place. Then there was the grout and all that.  One damned thing leads to another.....The new grout was a brighter shade than the existing grout.  So now I had to tear out about 100 lineal feet of grout and replace it with new. Plenty of work and sore knees but the job was done. To be sure I was grumpy.
Yes, same here on installing tile. Also, when removing the old one, I found that the garbage disposal switch was getting it's power straight from the dishwasher. So I had to fix that too. I prefer using outlets for those instead of right from the wall anyway because it takes one step out of the install and I don't have to flip breakers to install them.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

My left googly eye has been compromised.  :(  My lower eyelid is painful and swollen.

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Randy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 19, 2021, 11:29:50 PM
My left googly eye has been compromised.  :(  My lower eyelid is painful and swollen.
Oh no, any idea as to why?
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on January 19, 2021, 11:49:06 PM
Oh no, any idea as to why?

No idea, but I hope it's not infected. My brother gets an infected lower eyelid all the time, and mine is looking very similar to his at the moment.

Argh!

hermes2015

Blepharitis — you need antibiotic cream.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

...And your birthday is on Sunday!

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on January 20, 2021, 02:56:14 AM

:panic:

Antibiotic cream is not going to be easy to get without a prescription.  :(

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on January 20, 2021, 06:20:45 AM

...And your birthday is on Sunday!

Yeah.  :'(

Maybe by Sunday it won't be too swollen, it hasn't gotten any worse today ;D

Dark Lightning

See if you can get some of this. Wet a cotton ball and squeeze it so that it drips in your eye. We use it rather than getting a prescription. Works great!

http://www.healingedge.net/store/more_mey_dag.html#:~:text=DAG%20Solution%20is%20a%20mild,sore%20mouth%2C%20and%20sore%20throat.

typo

billy rubin

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 20, 2021, 03:52:22 PM

aloe vera

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on January 20, 2021, 06:33:03 PM

aloe vera

What can Vera do?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 20, 2021, 04:16:41 PM
See if you can get some of this. Wet a cotton ball and squeeze it do that it drips in your eye. We use it rather than getting a prescription. Works great!

http://www.healingedge.net/store/more_mey_dag.html#:~:text=DAG%20Solution%20is%20a%20mild,sore%20mouth%2C%20and%20sore%20throat.

I will! :smilenod:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: billy rubin on January 20, 2021, 06:33:03 PM

aloe vera

Does it work? :notsure:

billy rubin

can't hurt.

i use it as a topical treatment for most any epidermal or membrane irritation.

buy a plant, cut off a short piece of leaf, split it and rub the gel on whatever is bothering you.

keep the plant in a pot, water sparingly, and you're set for years.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."