News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

A hearty hello

Started by S19002350, June 28, 2021, 08:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S19002350

Hello everyone,

I'm writing here to introduce myself so you have a sense of who I am before seeing me post elsewhere on the forum.

I've been an atheist for quite some time, but it wasn't until recently where I've been engaging with atheism on an academic research level that I've started to consider the value of being a part of a greater community. This is my attempt at dipping my toe and connecting with some of my peers from across the globe.

Hope you're all having a good summer and I'll see you on the boards.

Ecurb Noselrub

Dark Lightning

Welcome! This a happy little corner of the internet.

Tank

Welcome aboard I hope you find this bit of the Interweb entertaining :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Recusant

Quote from: S19002350 on June 28, 2021, 08:27:02 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm writing here to introduce myself so you have a sense of who I am before seeing me post elsewhere on the forum.

I've been an atheist for quite some time, but it wasn't until recently where I've been engaging with atheism on an academic research level that I've started to consider the value of being a part of a greater community. This is my attempt at dipping my toe and connecting with some of my peers from across the globe.

Hope you're all having a good summer and I'll see you on the boards.

Hello and welcome, S19002350. I hope you enjoy your time reading and posting here.  :)

:spagwelcome:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Bluenose

Greetings and salutations S19002350, hope you enjoy your time here.  As a point of clarification I feel obliged to point out that, regrettably, it's not summer everywhere.  In fact some of us are freezing our arses off in the depths of winter.  ::)
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

No one

Newbs are required to provide hearty tacos, 4 per person.

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

hermes2015

Welcome to HAF! I hope you will enjoy our company.

Quote from: Bluenose on June 28, 2021, 11:43:12 PM
Greetings and salutations S19002350, hope you enjoy your time here.  As a point of clarification I feel obliged to point out that, regrettably, it's not summer everywhere.  In fact some of us are freezing our arses off in the depths of winter.  ::)

Indeed, we had a low of 5°C last night. No snow so far this year, though.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quick question.
What does this mean?
S19002350

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

It doesn't mean bearer of tacos, I'll tell you that much!

Magdalena

Quote from: No one on June 30, 2021, 11:17:19 PM
It doesn't mean bearer of tacos, I'll tell you that much!
:notsure: No.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Magdalena on June 30, 2021, 10:43:59 PM
Quick question.
What does this mean?
S19002350
b
I say it means September 19, 2000, at 2350 (11:50 pm).  This was when a very significant event happened in the author's life - he ate his first Torchy's Taco.

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 01, 2021, 06:17:19 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on June 30, 2021, 10:43:59 PM
Quick question.
What does this mean?
S19002350
b
I say it means September 19, 2000, at 2350 (11:50 pm).  This was when a very significant event happened in the author's life - he ate his first Torchy's Taco.
OR...or...
It could be the coordinates to the best tacos in the universe.
S19002350
Name: Solaris
Designation: 1900
Constellation: 2350 (Leo)

:reading: