News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

billy rubin

leave tonight or die this way.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Bad Penny II

There must be good new stuff

You'd think so but but my senses are deadened, so I don't know.

hermes2015

I was vacillating between posting this in the Workshop and fixit stuff or the What are you listening to? forums. In the end I decided to post it here.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Icarus

hermes2015

Nadia Boulanger was an important teacher of composition. She taught many of our favourires: Aaron Copland, Philip Glass, Burt Bacharach, Daniel Barenboim, Quincy Jones, Dinu Lipatti, Virgil Thomson, and many others. She refused to accept Gershwin as a student, because she thought it would ruin his style.

― Charles Eames

billy rubin

Bad Penny II

A compilation album

Couldn't find Eric's song, this is probably better

billy rubin

billy rubin

billy rubin

i love this piece.

ill never understand it, because it loops its own themes and repeats its motifs in ways that are beyond my skills to keep track of.

this old fart is a master, but he conducts it too slow. its supposed to have more tension. the mood of the composition is supposed to sound like its always trying to get ahead of itself, not to rest on well-timed and sedately phased intervals.

IMHO