News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

american primary elections

Started by billy rubin, March 03, 2020, 12:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Sandy. I am in favor of your analogy about the wall paper.  Neither Joe or Bernie are my candidates of choice.  I have previously stated that I would vote for a ham sandwich in an effort to defeat the mentally challenged tweeter in chief.

Sad to say that Hillary might have been accurately describing the unexplainably convinced Trump people when she used the ill advised descriptive word: deplorables. They are still out there and they have taken a dangerously, stubbornly, well organized defensive posture.  There are a lot of them.  That is a scary reality.

Kusa

Trump will win by a landslide. Mark my words and mark them well.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Kusa on March 08, 2020, 02:19:15 AM

It is my most fervent hope that you are wrong. We shall see. It's only a few months away.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Icarus on March 08, 2020, 01:49:09 AM
Sandy. I am in favor of your analogy about the wall paper.  Neither Joe or Bernie are my candidates of choice.  I have previously stated that I would vote for a ham sandwich in an effort to defeat the mentally challenged tweeter in chief.

Sad to say that Hillary might have been accurately describing the unexplainably convinced Trump people when she used the ill advised descriptive word: deplorables. They are still out there and they have taken a dangerously, stubbornly, well organized defensive posture.  There are a lot of them.  That is a scary reality.

I was a registered R for a long time, but I haven't voted that way in quite a while. With the latest insanity within the R community, I even changed my party affiliation on my voter's registration. I have no interest in associating with that feces.

Mr. B

I live in an open primary state. I don't have to register as an R or a D to vote. Towards the end of 2016 I was really close to registering as a D for the first time. But I waited. And watched. And listened and witnessed the "left" collectively loosing it's mind. The past four years have been a great learning experience for me.

Still independent and voted for Bernie in the primaries.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Magdalena

Who would want an incompetent and vulgar man in charge of a country for another four years?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Kusa

Quote from: Magdalena on March 10, 2020, 09:38:52 PM

Who would want an incompetent and vulgar man in charge of a country for another four years?
The same people that wanted him the first 4. Probably some new voters too.

I'm not saying he has a good character, I am saying he will win.

Magdalena

Quote from: Kusa on March 10, 2020, 11:08:26 PM

So, how many of Trump's associates have been sent to prison or faced criminal charges, 14? Half of those from his campaign staff? I doubt things will be the same.
:smileshake:

With all this, he didn't gain some new voters, I think he lost voters.

QuoteI'm not saying he has a good character,
So, why vote for someone like that?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Kusa

Quote from: Magdalena on March 10, 2020, 11:47:11 PM

So, how many of Trump's associates have been sent to prison or faced criminal charges, 14? Half of those from his campaign staff? I doubt things will be the same.

Are you implying that the opposition is putting forth someone of good character?

Magdalena

Quote from: Kusa on March 11, 2020, 12:54:37 AM

Are you implying that the opposition is putting forth someone of good character?
No. I'm not implying that.
But that's what we've been given: Biden, Sanders and Trump.
...Which one should I vote for.. ???:chin:

Kusa

The one that is least likely to infringe on the bill of rights.

Mr. B

Quote from: Magdalena on March 11, 2020, 01:10:52 AM

Sanders is the most honest and coherent. It's just a shame that I don't understand how the f**k his policy ideas would work. If it comes to Joe and trump I'll vote for trump. If it comes to Bernie and trump, I'll vote for Bernie.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Magdalena

Quote from: Mr. B on March 11, 2020, 02:44:25 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on March 11, 2020, 01:10:52 AM

Sanders is the most honest and coherent. It's just a shame that I don't understand how the f**k his policy ideas would work. If it comes to Joe and trump I'll vote for trump.
President Trump made 16,241 false or misleading claims in his first three years.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/01/20/president-trump-made-16241-false-or-misleading-claims-his-first-three-years/%3foutputType=amp

Quote from: Mr. B on March 11, 2020, 02:44:25 AM
If it comes to Bernie and trump, I'll vote for Bernie.
I can see Trump if he doesn't win:

Magdalena

Quote from: Kusa on March 11, 2020, 01:34:45 AM
The one that is least likely to infringe on the bill of rights.
Good advice.

Also, don't vote for the one most  likely to be accused of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress...

...Well...again.  :fingertap:

Tank

The same people that put him there last time!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.