News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Banning of Religious Zealot Nutjobs

Started by strikemedown, March 21, 2010, 03:00:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strikemedown

Banning of Religious Zealot Nutjobs is not fair to those of us who like the arguments (and the associated comedy of their belief structure). I think that instead of banning them - you should allow them to post only in one specific forum category. Maybe we could have a combat section - and bring all these nutjobs into the arena. By banning them you just make them more self-rightious - by challenging them we have a chance of converting them away from the darkside (religion) to the light side (atheism).Who is with me?

skwurll

If you want to troll Christians, I suggest you go here http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1154054/1

Look closely at the opening post.

Tanker

Quote from: "strikemedown"Banning of Religious Zealot Nutjobs is not fair to those of us who like the arguments (and the associated comedy of their belief structure). I think that instead of banning them - you should allow them to post only in one specific forum category. Maybe we could have a combat section - and bring all these nutjobs into the arena. By banning them you just make them more self-rightious - by challenging them we have a chance of converting them away from the darkside (religion) to the light side (atheism).Who is with me?

I've only seen them banned for breaking forum rules. I've seen a few atheists banned for it too. Everyone else can follow the rules and have a livley discussion, they can too. Do you really want to be preached at, as though we don't know what they'll say (doom, gloom, hellfire, Hitler, eating babies). I really hope you're not suggesting we keep the spammers and trolls around. They don't want a discussion they just want to grief the community. Keeping the antagonists around is rewarding them for their bad behavior.

Take Dagada for intance. While I disagree with nearly everthing Dagda has posted (no offence) he hasn't broken any rules and has been involved in several debates. I'm very happy to have anyone here and talk, discuss, or outright argue with anyone as long as they follow the same rules as I and everyone else follow.
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

Whitney

This has been tried before and all it did was lead to flaming.  They can stick around all they want if they are willing to discuss rather than preach, otherwise they aren't worth the mod's time (or mine) and ruin the intended atmosphere of this forum...you can open your own forum as a nursery for mentally challenged religious nutjobs if you so desire.  But I've moderated on a forum that allowed them to run free and It wasn't very much fun.

Ellainix

Lot's of things sound fun at first...
Quote from: "Ivan Tudor C McHock"If your faith in god is due to your need to explain the origin of the universe, and you do not apply this same logic to the origin of god, then you are an idiot.

strikemedown

I can see how it would get boring pretty quickly - but I do get a giggle out of these passionate believers. At least they're outnumbered on this forum. I guess the last thing we want to do is upset them - it would just fan the flames of their self rightiousness. Can anyone recommend a post that was even more ridiculous  than crystalnight's last effort? I thought it was hilarious.

Tanker

Quote from: "strikemedown"I can see how it would get boring pretty quickly - but I do get a giggle out of these passionate believers. At least they're outnumbered on this forum. I guess the last thing we want to do is upset them - it would just fan the flames of their self rightiousness. Can anyone recommend a post that was even more ridiculous  than crystalnight's last effort? I thought it was hilarious.

There is actually a tread called dump pile of crazy trolls past (or something like that) alot of funny stuff in there. It's where all the crazy troll's posts go once they get banned.
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

Whitney

Quote from: "Tanker"crazy troll's posts go once they get banned.

Sometimes they even go there before the person is banned just so they know that I wasn't joking around when they were given a warning....

theTwiz

Quote from: "strikemedown"...you should allow them to post only in one specific forum category. Maybe we could have a combat section...

New forum: The Thunderdome
[attachment=0:3w5ffsk1]thunderdome.jpg[/attachment:3w5ffsk1]
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Ellainix

Quote from: "theTwiz"
Quote from: "strikemedown"...you should allow them to post only in one specific forum category. Maybe we could have a combat section...

New forum: The Thunderdome
[attachment=0:3m35317s]thunderdome.jpg[/attachment:3m35317s]

+1
Quote from: "Ivan Tudor C McHock"If your faith in god is due to your need to explain the origin of the universe, and you do not apply this same logic to the origin of god, then you are an idiot.