News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

animals in your life

Started by billy rubin, April 23, 2020, 01:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Yes. Once again, you turned me into a newt.  This is getting old.

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 09, 2021, 02:42:22 AM
You started it. Maybe you should tell god to make me stop.  :P

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Magdalena on June 09, 2021, 05:00:59 AM

Apparently, he is ok with it.  I guess it keeps me humble.

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 10, 2021, 04:18:38 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on June 09, 2021, 05:00:59 AM

Apparently, he is ok with it.  I guess it keeps me humble.

"Cheers"
--To humbleness.

So...are we dancing, or what?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub

I want that bottle/glass.  Please send me one.

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 10, 2021, 03:38:20 PM
I want that bottle/glass.  Please send me one.
I have a better one for you.

Ecurb Noselrub

Nice! Perfect to use as a Newt Pool - I can swim in wine!!!

billy rubin

the chinese do that with newts, i believe, as prep for eating them.

cantonese, anyway. theyll eat anything.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Dark Lightning

Most newts secrete a mucous that is poisonous. Does the wine neutralize that, before consumption?

Ecurb Noselrub

Oh no! I see it all now. Magdalena intends to marinate me, then eat me! 

Magdalena

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 11, 2021, 03:27:06 AM
Oh no! I see it all now. Magdalena intends to marinate me, then eat me!

Don't panic mate, She isn't going to eat you.
Perish the thought, She'd never think of it.
The marinade is just to keep your eyes fresh
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Magdalena

Icarus

Shame on the witch who might abuse newts.

I have dozens of little lizards that are never harmed by we home inhabitants. They do no harm and they keep the place pretty well rid of all manner of bugs including roaches and other undesirable insects. The little guys need no help from we humans.  They get sustenance from their insect prey and manage to find sufficient water to sustain themselves.  I like them. The big ones are only about 8 inhces (20 cm) long.  The little guys are sometimes only 2 inches long until they eat enough bugs to mature.

Dark Lightning

We put in a xeriscape in our front yard. Lots of wood chips, watering that is below, for the most part, the surface of the chips, and drought-tolerant plants. I guess it generates a lot of food for bugs, because we must have a couple dozen lizards running around our property these days. They are simply everywhere. I like having them around, too.